“Great meat, lots of It, for reasonable price”
Review of Quilombo

Quilombo
Ranked #25 of 146 Restaurants in Banos
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I went to this place twice during a 6 day stay in Banos. This place features high quality beef, pork, and chicken cooked Argentine style. Most will go for the 2-person mixed grill, which is tenderloin, pork chops, chicken breast, and 3-4 types of sausages. This is a lot of food for $20. Really, 3 hungry people will be full (not stuffed) with the 2 person special, maybe even 4 if you have some light eaters (women and kids). Two big men would be stuffed with the 2-person special. They also serve you a good salad and potatoes with this. Or, you can get the tenderloin or chicken as a plate. Get the mixed, it is very good. Great quality meat for the price, seasoning not over done, steak was tender.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

There is only a few places I have found in ecuador that doesn't flatten your steak. Good prices and what also doesn't happen much in ecuador is they asked me how I wanted it cooked. We were recommended this place by the owner of the arte cafe. And I'm glad we listened. I would return for they steak.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I went to this restaurant because of the good reviews in trip advisor but the experience was awful. The waiter was rude and the food disgusting. Don't waste your time and money.

3  Thank Amelia A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed going to this really quirky and unique Argentinian restaurant a couple of times while we were studying Spanish in Banos. I am not that much of a meat eater but my husband sure is and he LOVED all of the meat selections, especially the steaks. I quite enjoyed the chicken and ostrich as well as all of the vegetables and extra accompaniments.The meat platter for two was incredibly generous and could easily serve up to four people. The ambiance was delightful and comical at the same time. This restaurant could also handle larger groups of people. The colourful drum-shaped menus were fun to read both in Spanish and English.The wine selections were also excellent.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I seriously think this was the best steak I have ever had. Very juicy, tender and flavorful. I also like the sides, sauces and the salad that we ordered that was nicely presented with fresh vegetables and cheese slices.