Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel
US$63
US$74
US$56
US$60
Hotel Flor de Oriente(Banos)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$22
  • Breakfast included
US$190
US$156
All reviewsenglish bulldogperfect locationthe busrestaurant kitchencute dogamazing townwater was warmmeet other travellersenjoyed my staythe main squareclean roomsa great staythe ownerensuite bathroomtravel agencieslarge windowsprivate room
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

For what you pay, you really get your money's worth. Clean room, hot shower, tasty breakfast of eggs, bread, juice and tea. We arrived very late (due to traffic in Quito), but the owner was so sweet and accommodating. If you love dogs, you'll love the owner's pup, Google. We did! Typically I prefer the amenities that hotels offer (compared to hostels) but this was great. My husband and I will definitely return on our next trip to Baños.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank meliDyr
slurmheinrich, Director General at Erupcion Art Hotel & Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear Guest. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that our staff made your stay pleasant. Do checkout our Facebook and Twitter pages for promos that you might be interested in. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Hostal Erupcion was perfectly located at the corner of the central square. My private room was clean and comfortable. Shower worked well. Family run hostal makes you feel right at home. Excellent advice about tours and local hikes saved time and allowed me to do everything I wanted. Restaurant has great view and delicious food. Wonderful breakfast is included. Henry, his sister, and mother and all staff were very helpful and made me feel at home. I enjoyed my stay and banos very much. Don't miss the Chiva waterfalls tour, even in the rain. Thanks for a memorable time.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Doriba12

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at this hostel for a week. I found the hostel very welcoming and the rooms were perfect for the price. The hostel is not upscale but is a great value. The best part of the hostel was the owner Gloria who is a very caring and extremely hard working woman who always had a smile on her face!
Also, her bulldog Google was adorable and breakfast is included! Who could ask for more?

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Spencerheney

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

I made reservation through hostelworld, paid 10% of the total price, called a dat before to confirm my reservation, but when i got to the hostel the lady told me that 3 people got there before I did and then she hade to give the room to this three other people.
Take care with this hostel. They dont care about reservations made through hostelworld or even telephone calls.
Me and my friends had to look for another hostel in the middle of the night with our backpacks.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This hostal is in a great location the WIFI was strong and the breakfasts were good. Each day we would have a great breakfast on the balcony overlooking the square. The people who run it are a family and they make you feel as if you are the most important guest there. Henry was the best at giving advice on the places to visit and advising us of costs and tips about what we could see he has a lot of local knowledge. Thanks to his advice we managed to be on the look out for a cock of the rock and were very lucky to see one in the trees at the water fall. With the volcano active during our visit he gave us some great tips

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple