“Great Hotel and Staff”

Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Banos
Sydney
“Great Hotel and Staff”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night and returned a week later for another four nights. It is a family run place and they can't do enough to make you feel welcome and happy.

It is behind a secure gated wall, and is also in a very quiet location. I had stayed in the centre of Banos and it can be very noisy. If you want peace and quiet this is the place to stay.

The breakfasts are amazing, I think they were the best I had in Ecuador. Very fresh, and the coffee is great too. The beds are very comfortable.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a peaceful and quiet break in this awesome town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sonia B
tomasrepetto, Propietario at Napolitano Apart & Hotel, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thanks for your recommendation, we hope you enjoy our beautiful Ecuador.
Greetings from Ecuador.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
tmorga1@entergy.com
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here in June for 5 nights and couldn't have been happier with the accomadations. The owners are so nice and helpful but not intrusive. Our room was very clean and had a beautiful view of the mountains. It was beautiful to wake up to each morning! Highly recommended!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tmorga1
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here in October for five nights with my friend, Chang.

The hotel has a great location and I was really impressed with the standard throughout. There is a lovely garden and a brilliant view of the waterfall and the mountains which we could see from our bedroom window.

We ate breakfast in the hotel each morning; there was a brilliant selection of food to chose from and we ordered when we sat down, so everything was made to order and really fresh.

The owners Jackie and Ivan were really friendly and considerate, they couldn't have done more to help us. We were interested in exploring the different activities available in Banos and they were really knowledgable and advised us on the best company to book through. We ended up going Canyoning and Paragliding, both were incredble experiences. I couldn't recommend them more!

All in all, we had the best time in Banos and this was definately due to amazing stay we had in Napolitano Hotel and the help we were given :-)

Book and have an amazing time!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katie T
Oakland, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Napolitano Apart & Hotel is an absolutely FANTASTIC place to stay in Banos! The location is a few blocks away from the City Center-- a pleasant stroll. The rooms are new, very spacious and beautifully kept, each with fantastic panoramic views-- the apartment unit I occupied was especially gorgeous! Included with the room is a delicious breakfast, prepared with the freshest ingredients (fruits, yogurts, eggs, fresh bread, jam/jelly, etc.) and genuine care and concern! The coffee and juices served there are also of superb quality.The Napolitano is a wonderful family-run place-- I felt super comfortable there! The staff enjoyed assisting me with local tour and travel plans during my stay, and even helped with my Spanish language homework. The wonderful staff at Napolitano truly care about your experience and the quality of your stay-- this is priceless! I would not hesitate to stay there again or recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank JeffreyKal510
Redding, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 September 2013

What a great experience I had at the Napolitano. Room was very clean with the perfect amount of furniture. I had a full apartment with living area, well-stocked kitchen and separate bedroom and bath. Large, curved windows in both the bedroom area and upper section of the shower (!) allowed views of the gorgeous Andes mountains. Super comfortable bed allowed me a great nights' sleep, and plenty of hot water for long and relaxing showers I only seem to get on vacation.

I can't say enough about the entire Repetto family, owners of Napolitano Apart & Hotel. From the first friendly communications with Thomas through Facebook, to the warm welcome I received upon arrival I soon felt like part of the family. Jackie made fabulous breakfasts - pancakes and eggs with local cheese, fresh fruit and juice - that were so generously portioned I could not eat it all (and she made sure to tell me that I needed to eat more, just like my own mother would say!). The warm goodbye hugs from the whole family made me all teary.....

At the moment they are building their small spa! I can hardly wait to use it the next time I go to Baños, which I hope will be soon. Baños is a special place.

Room Tip: A room at the back of the hotel will have a nice view of the waterfall.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Hilary N
tomasrepetto, Owner at Napolitano Apart & Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thanks for your comment, we are pleased you enjoyed our Apart Hotel, and we are awaiting your visit again, we are working hard for our accommodation is Eco-Sustainable

A hug and a good trip
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I could not recommend this hotel enough. The rooms are clean, bright and comfortable, location is ideal as it is quiet and close to but far enough from the bars. Jackie is a real gem, each morning she made us breakfast, fresh juice, good coffee, granola with fruit, yoghurt and honey. Breakfast does not finish until 10.30, so that is a plus if you need a sleep in. On our last morning, we wanted to catch an early bus, Jackie insisted that she make us breakfast. She disappeared for a few minutes whilst we had our coffee. When she returned, we realized that she had run to the bakery to get us fresh bread. They alsomhelp withntours and advice I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DSnMC
tomasrepetto, Propietario at Napolitano Apart & Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thanks for your comment is very important. We're glad you felt at home with our family team. and we want to continue to improve our service

greetings and bon voyage
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A husband and wife run the Napolitano. They were both simply amazing. My boyfriend and I stayed in Banos for a few days and the whole time this couple treated us like family. From recommendations on what to do (and safety precautions on some of the activities), to arranging for rental bikes to be dropped off for us, to fresh breakfast daily - literally freshly blended juice every morning and fresh fruit with yogurt and scrambled eggs - it was all of the small things that really made this stay one of the best (and I've stayed in 4 and 5 star properties in more developed countries).

The hotel itself was only a few minutes walk to the main square, and perfectly safe. It was a quick 5 minute bike ride to the avenue of waterfalls. It also was completely secure. While we always felt safe walking around in Banos, even late at night, it put us even more at ease knowing that you need a key to get onto the hotel grounds (which they give you at check in). The views from the hotel are pretty much all mountains and waterfalls...absolutely stunning! And their courtyard, which was landscaped and completed by the husband is beautiful! It was a gem and we couldn't have been happier to stay there! Simple accommodations, but spacious and clean. The husband was also building a spa. I'm sure it's going to be great once completed!

More than anything, we are forever grateful to the couple that run the hotel. They could not have been any sweeter. They also know pretty much all of the tours offered in the area.The wife even hugged us goodbye on our way out. Like I said, we were treated like family. We didn't want to take the bus back to Quito and were told we could take a cab. Although the day of our departure, the husband said he would be happy to drive us back to Quito for the same price that a taxi would have cost. WOW! What personalized service! If we ever make it back to Banos, you can be certain we wouldn't give 2nd thought to staying here before anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank saenzl18
tomasrepetto, Owner at Napolitano Apart & Hotel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
keep providing travel experiences in our accommodation, gives satisfacion read your comment, and soon we will be ready with the SPA
Buen Viaje friends hope you come back soon to our beautiful Ecuador