“Good food, poor service”

Cania Mandur Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 136 Restaurants in Banos
Price range: US$2 - US$7
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were unsure about this place when we arrived. Menus were run down, took forever to get a drink, etc. However, since this place was recommended by a local who had not steered us wrong we kept with it. Food was delicious. Pizza was so good, filet with mushroom sauce was cooked perfectly and the sauce was really nice. The only drawback is that they let in 4 sets of strolling musicians during our meal. All quite loud, all passing the hat for tips afterward. It was a Saturday night and I wonder if it's like that on a weeknight.....

Reviewed 28 December 2012 via mobile

The place was clean, servers were friendly and the food was good! We had pizza and beer and it was pretty great.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

we had a pizza there, it was good, not incredible. it was little expensive for what you get. pay attention that the prices are without VAT.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had not heard anything about this place but was very surprised by the service and the menu. Things I would never have thought of were everywhere.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Durante mi estadia en Baños, comi dos veces en el restaurant Caña Mandur. La primera vez ordene locro de papas y un batido de mora y me parecio exquisito. La segunda vez pedi una trucha a la plancha y me encanto. La atencion y el ambiente del restaurant superan las expectativas de un cliente satisfecho. La ubicacion es tambien es buena y ademas muy conveniente ya que esta en el centro de Baños. Felicitaciones !

During my visit in Baños city, I ate twice at Caña Mandur restaurant. The first time I ordered a traditional soup wich is called locro de papas which is potato soup, I also ordered a shake of mora, I thought the food was delicious. The second time I ordered Trucha which is a type of fish and I was very satisfied. The service and athmosphere of this restaurant exceeded my expectations. The location is also great, which is in the center of the town. If you go to Baños you defenetely should stop to Caña Mandur. Congratulations.