“Perfect place for a craft beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stray Dog Brewpub

Stray Dog Brewpub
Ranked #18 of 133 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Perfect place for a craft beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

If you enjoy a great beer or two, check this place out. Service is fantastic, nice variety of brews and tasty too! We even got Togo cups!

Visited August 2014

Brisbane
“yay for a decent beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

After 6 weeks or so in Ecuador i was really over the stock standard pilsner beer so it was a nice treat to drink something with flavour :-)

Didn't eat so i can't vouch for the food but thumbs up for the beer and the atmosphere. We had no trouble with the resident dog who was impeccably behaved while we were there.

Visited July 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Now that I've calmed down a bit.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

...I can write a review. We were at the Stray Dog in the middle of July, and went there as our last night in Banos. We chose it as we felt it had an interesting name, and would probably have a good story behind it. The resident "stray dog", was one that the restaurants owner had rescued, however as was demonstrated by him, he was, like all the other stray dog owners, irresponsible in allowing his rescue to become pregnant. Then while this was a new, protective mum, he allowed the dog to wander around, barking at any patron she didn't like. When the wait staff put her outside, she proceeded to then terrorize lone, mostly elderly, pedestrians. I love dogs, having had several and have been a breeder, and feel that irresponsible owners are the worst (no bad dogs, just bad owners). I completely lost it when she proceeded to bark at a prospective patron attempting to come into the restaurant. I could have MAYBE given this another star for the other aspects, like food and drink as we wanted when we went there, but the "craft" beers were overpriced, with a plain bottle of Pilsner being having better flavour, and the food was crap. Service was slow, and unfriendly, with an attack dog on premises. No acknowledgement from the owner, other than, (and I quote) "what can I do? She adopted me and the brewpub is named after her." Uh huh. Send a message to the owner, and just don't go.

• Visited July 2014
Spring Grove, Pennsylvania
“Great sandwich. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife had the a spicy chicken sandwich which was good but it was spicy. We all loved the fries and they had a homemade dip that was out of this world. My only problem was 1 of our order of fries was overcooked out of 5 meals. the service was kinda slow. On a positive note they had the best wifi out of all the places we visited.

Groton, Massachusetts
“Good beer and wings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the stray dog after a couple weeks in Ecuador. The beer and the wings were great and it was nice talking to the owner. Try the saison, it was my favorite.