“Good burger, good price”

Hickory Hamburguesas
Ranked #27 of 145 Restaurants in Banos
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We had been meaning to go here before leaving banos and are so happy we did. The burgers are by far the best in Ecuador that we have had and for $3.80 you can't go wrong. Only complaint is that it was supposed to open at 1 pm on Saturday and we went by around 1:30 and it hadn't opened yet, so we had to rearrange our plans to go there later.

1  Thank Brit T

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Lured by curiosity over the long lines and sudden thoughts of a burger. Would only be slightly above average back in the States, but definitely better than anything at a (inter)national burger chain. Ordered the Deli Ternera burger, whose taste reminded me of the combo at Marty's Hamburger Stand in Los Angeles, which was a burger topped with a hot dog. "Ternera" is Spanish for veal, so I guess it was a veal sausage on top. Hit the spot since I've been mostly eating Ecuadorean food for a few weeks.

1  Thank Kazakhjoe
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I wanted something fast to eat, so decided to try out Hickory Burgers. He ordered the Mega Deli (double meat with bacon and cheese) and I had the single patty version. Both were very good burgers (for Baños) and better than I expected. There is no seating, so you buy your burger/drinks and head to a bench in the square across the street... and hope it doesn't start raining. Luckily for us, it only sprinkled. :)

Looks like they are open 6PM-Midnight most nights and 1PM to Midnight on the weekends... my husband commented that it would be a spectacular burger after a night of drinking on the way home from the bar. :)

1  Thank kokusai
Reviewed 30 June 2013

There will come a day after hiking or biking you will crave a huge hamburger...we met a Dutch guy who owned a Jungle Lodge near Puyo and he recommended Hickory for a delicious burger. He was right. Located right next to the Church center so you can chow and watch Banos in action!

1  Thank Rebrun
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I agree with the reviewer that said "must be the best hamburgers in Ecuador." Under the Volcano, Banos, Ecuador.

1  Thank Rick R