We are regular visitors to Samoa and usually stay in beach fale accommodation. This time we decided to spoil ourselves and believe we chose the perfect place. We loved that it provided all the main attractions (for us) namely, a pool, a lovely quiet beach, snorkelling, a bar, a restaurant and with only 10 rooms there were not hundreds of people milling around which can often make the larger resorts so impersonal. Due to the fewer numbers, we were able to meet other couples and families from other parts of the world which added to the enjoyment of the stay. We were truly able to relax and it became a real holiday.
The rooms were of a good size, the bed comfortable and air conditioning was welcome as the nights are warm. If there was any complaint it would be that the rooms were too dark to read at night and the lamps by the bed were no help in this respect. Rooms were well serviced each day.
The staff were helpful and very friendly. The breakfasts (price built in) were really good. Each day there was the same fruit but always something else that was different e.g. muesli one day, pancakes the next, omelette, french toast etc.
The pool was great to freshen up and the steps and it was great to be able to use the steps in front of the fales to go down to the water, slip on the flippers and mask and out to the coral. We have snorkelled in many places in Samoa and about 200m offshore at La Lagota was some of the best.
Being able to hire a car from the resort is an added bonus.
We can thoroughly recommend Le Lagoto and we will definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Lagoto Resort & Spa is located on the big island of Savai'i, Samoa, on a secluded white sand beach, fringed by coconut palms and crystal clear water. We are a boutique resort with 10 Samoan-style bungalows and two family rooms -- each offering the modern conveniences of a large resort in an intimate, idyllic setting. It is with good reason, and much pride, that we take the name Le Lagoto -- Samoan for 'sunsets' -- as ours are truly sensational! As we say here, 'you haven't been to Samoa unless you are in Savai'i'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Lagoto Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Lagoto Beach Hotel Savai`i
- Le Lagoto Resort & Spa Samoa