We spent 3 nights at this resort in May 2007. Out of a 12 day trip all around Samoa this was the best accommodation we had. There were 4 of us and we stayed in the downstairs apartment in the beach house. It was fully self contained with 2 bedrooms. Our tropical b/f was included inthe price. This place really has its act together. They have an Australian (Jane) working there who is really on to it - and it also means no communication barrier (she speaks the local language as well). When booking all our emails were replied to quickly and efficiently. The great service continued right through our stay. They obviously invest in staff training as the waitresses in their restaurant never got it wrong. They also have 3 chefs who make the most delicious food. Their restaurant would be comparable to a 4 star in NZ and their prices are about half what we would pay. The resort is set in a bay sheltered by a reef so swimming and snorkelling is right at the doorstep. They are putting in a swimming pool which should be finished around August/Sept? after which it will make it a perfect setting - and would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of getting married in Samoa. While in Samoa we also visited SinaLei and Aggies Resort - which are both nice - but Le Lagoto has the smaller personal touch and their accommodation is of the same standard but cheaper. This resort is owned by a local Samoan family who have invested heavily and it shows. Will post some photos when I can. Right next door is Dive Savaii (?) the local snorkelling and diving people who do a daily trip out for snorkelling and dive trips as well. This is run by Flavia and Fabian who are a great couple who have excellent equipment and qualifications. We enjoyed a fab day out in their boat at the best snorkelling spots. The beachfront villas at Le Lagoto are very luxurious, with Panasonic whisper quite aircon, good quality linen and modern clean decor. Even a large hammock on your private patio facing the ocean. We went on to stay at Stevensons at Manase, but were so disappointed that we returned to Le Lagoto for our final 3 days. Cannot recommend them highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Lagoto Resort & Spa is located on the big island of Savai'i, Samoa, on a secluded white sand beach, fringed by coconut palms and crystal clear water. We are a boutique resort with 10 Samoan-style bungalows and two family rooms -- each offering the modern conveniences of a large resort in an intimate, idyllic setting. It is with good reason, and much pride, that we take the name Le Lagoto -- Samoan for 'sunsets' -- as ours are truly sensational! As we say here, 'you haven't been to Samoa unless you are in Savai'i'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Le Lagoto Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Lagoto Beach Hotel Savai`i
- Le Lagoto Resort & Spa Samoa