Tanu Beach Fales
US$100
US$97
US$134
  • Breakfast included
Lusia's Lagoon Chalets(Salelologa)(Great Value!)
US$55
US$189
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfia fia nightbreakfast and dinnerbeach frontbeautiful beachdeep fried chickenfive minute walkcharge your phonelarge schooltraditional samoan foodother guestsshared bathroomshare storiesnightly ratesmall shopdefinitely stay here againfeel like familyeach morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2013

It will be hard to put into words HOW much our family enjoyed our experience here, but I will try. Our first impression was PARADISE !. We were greeted with great enthusiasm, smiles and some fresh coconuts. Our fale (#19) was straight on the beach, with thick comfy mattresses, and instantly we were in love. As you llay in bed you can see the Sunrise and the Sunset, all while enjoying the beautiful breeze that comes of the ocean. Listening to the distant waves breaking on the reefs out from you.

You will never go hungry at Tanu Beach as they serve you a huge breaky ! ( we even had many guests staying in the resort next door often come to us for Breaky or dinner). With a great variety of foods on your plate... it served even our fussiest of eaters. Dinner was a delight of both a mix of common foods that most people would eat and serving of Samoan foods. Palusami was delicious !!

Due to an unfortunate incident (not Samoa related) I found myself spending some time in the local hospital. But Freda (one of our hostesses) and her husband came to the hospital to make sure that I was ok, and help with anything that I may have needed. To say they went above and beyond what I would expect from the grandest of hotels would be an understatement.

Instantly you were made to feel like family, and the communal dinning table was a lively mix of guests from all over the world talking, laughing and getting to know each other :). There is a little bar/cafe that made the best cocktails and great for a lunch stop over. FiaFia night is a pure delight, especially since you have met your performers from the littlest of cuties right up to the adults, which added a higher level of enjoyment than just watching performers you don't know. Then it is up for a dance for everyone after the show :)

My 2 kids spent their time there playing with the local kids and swimming in the crystal clear waters in front of our fale and snorkeling the reefs only about 30-40 meters from our front door. They loved feeding the fish the bread we brought too.

We were there for a total of 9 days and we didn't want to leave. Loved it so much that we had prior plans of our holiday for 2014 in a different country, but after staying at Tanu all those plans changed, and we are coming back again next year to enjoy it all again :)

Room Tip: Fale 19 was a great family sized fale :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank KHillery
Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

Amazing during good weather but terrible and quite scary with persistent rain. Beautiful beach and good service in general. Do need to brjng with you sunscreen and sunburn aftercare as no shops sell these. Double check their calculations for your accommodation and items bought at the shop as maths is not a strong point. Overall though I would definitely like to return here in the dry season just too much of a lottery during the rain season.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Hokiarchgirl
Reviewed 29 November 2012

we had the best time wednesday night was amazing :) made heaps of new friends and enjoyed it heaps of couldnt leave was happy that we played a at night thanks to management ! the food so good it was so fulling and happy! Had the best time th ebest one actually i really liked this one the best even enjoyed having the ocean right out side our whali :)

Room Tip: 17 i really loved it had the front view of the ocean sure the sunset sunrise even lighting:)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank tamla w
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Tanu Beach was better than hotels. The staff were so friendly!! I loved them! We made heaps of new friends that we will remember forever! Like Judiana, langi and Judi. (Sorry if I spelt wrong) The little shop was sooooo cool!! We ate heaps of ice cream and drank heaps of coke and water. Our first night we stayed there was Fia Fia night. That night was AMAZING!!! I loved the fire dance and also the music and dancing afterwards!! At night it was really nice that the staff let us play "Hostage." The food... Ohhh the food. It was so nice!!!!!! Thanks for the awesome stay! When I come back i'm DEFINITELY coming back!!!

Paryse
New Zealand
November 2012

Room Tip: Fale 17 ;D
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ParyseStyPayHorLikSn
Reviewed 27 November 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at Tanu Beach Fales on the beautiful island of Savai'i and absolutely loved it. Despite moving on to stay at a few other more 'upmarket' places on Upolu afterwards, I still thinking staying here was 110% worth it and would recommend anyone considering it to go check it out for yourselves!

Upon arrival we (x3) each received a coconut to drink, fresh from the tree. We were then shown to our gorgeous fale which was absolute beach front. I think the beach here was definitely the best I spent time at while in Samoa. Postcard perfect!

The fale was just as seen in the pictures. Basic but beautiful. We had three mattresses, three mosquito nets, a light, the sea, and the sun :) I tell you - it's the life!

The food was amazing and very well balanced with a variety of tropical fruits, fish, meat, salads etc each night. And the portion sizes are very generous. The ladies serving guests look great in their lovely outfits and they are all super respectful and nice. And if you're ever hungry in between there's a small shop on site (the main office) and bananas hanging by the dining area which you can help yourself to.

Traveling in November was pretty awesome as it wasn't crowded. In fact there were probably only 3 others there on our first night. Since you all eat together it's a nice way to meet people from different walks of life too. We felt so relaxed here. I liked how it was a sample of traditional living too.

The only negative for me was the shower and toilet block. It's certainly bearable and the keep it as clean as possible, and decorate it daily with gorgeous flowers. However it is very outdated and could definitely do with an upgrade. I hope that the family are considering this at some stage in the near future. Lots of people like me are fussy about bathing and toilet areas. Oh and don't forget to take your own towel/s.

I can't wait to return some day soon!! Faafetai

• Stayed: November 2012