“Great location”
Review of Janes Beach Fales

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Savai'i
Janes Beach Fales
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Savai'i
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Janes for a few nights in one of the more basic fales near the waters edge. The fales are very clean, decent sized and great value for money.

The beach is just gorgeous, I spent hours snorkelling and just lazing about in the water.

Whilst the food isn't amazing, it's filling, homey and there's plenty of it. Lupe, the lady who brought us our meals is a lovely woman and always called us by our names which I loved. Breakfast and dinner was included so lunch was usually spent at Le Lagato (big plate of taro chip nachos for WST$15!? Yes please!).

The bar was quiet and sitting there with a book and watching the sun set over the water with a delish cocktail was a perfect way to end the day. The staff were incredibly friendly, always smiling and ready to help with anything.

Jane's is definitely worth a stay if you want clean budget accommodation in a fab location with wonderful staff looking after you.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank abbeyd23
There are newer reviews for Janes Beach Fales

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Beautiful location, grass, beach, water (great snorkeling) and the bar were by far the best part. It was an advantage the accommodation was not right next to the road, it felt safe unlike some of the Fales on the way that we noticed , that were right next to the road. The woman we met running it were absolutely lovely, although we felt one of the younger ones in particular really let them down. The toilets and showers were not cleaned frequently enough, for the number of visitors using them, at times they were filthy and not a nice experience. Cats/kitten hanging around would have been fine, if they didn't look so awful, skinny and gaunt hoping some crumbs would fall to the floor whilst we were eating dinner and breakfast, felt incredibly sorry for them. We also were woken by a very loud rooster in the very early hours of every morning. We were ready to leave after a few days of being here exploring, and visiting tourist attractions.

1  Thank RC21_13
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My 4th visit to Manase but my 1st at Janes..Manase was very quiet..Slow start to the season I think. Enjoyed the property very much and liked the privacy and added security of a Fale that Where you can close a door behind you . Not standard fales by any means but cool and reasonably comfortable.
Thanks to Penina Lupe Filemu and Toe for making the stay enjoyable and special thanks to Filemu fo the help with the flat on my rental.
Meals were quite good and the bar is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Pumpa1956
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I will say upfront i didn't stay at Janes but went on a couple of day trips to hang out with friends staying at Janes Beach Fales.
Manase is a beautiful beach, with good snorkelling,
Janes has beautiful soft grass around the fales, and down towards the beach. Fales have a bright festive colour scheme. It's a good place to socialise and party, A good bar, that serves until late.
Once the bar closes the migration to drinking at the fales and on the beach starts. If you have single girls with you they may get a bit over the attention partic. at night. But it never felt unsafe.
The fales my friends were staying in were kept nice & clean despite Some of them looking a bit run down & in need of repair.
There were quite a few return guests, and it was quite busy. could do with more ammenities for crowds this size.
Would definitely go back for day trips. Staff were friendly to guests but a bit indifferent to day trippers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bkx
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We as a family of 4 stayed in two fales in april .

Pros.
cool fales can sleep inside or out on the deck
nice grass every where
good snorkeling
great way to meet other travelers with communal eating
friendly nice atmosphere
best value for money

Cons
parts of fales could do with some work

Would we return? Yes ,4 nights would be long enough ,its quite budget.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank craigandlizzie
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Janes has some very cute but Kitsch beach fales. The fales shift away from the thatched traditional fales they are constructed from wood and are painted in a bright pink and yellow. Unfortunately the owners have gone a bit nuts building accommodation and have cut down all the palm trees which use to shade the property. The beach is beautiful and provides hours of entertainment and relaxation. The food is pretty terrible, I would suggest you stay in this basic accommodation and splash out with some decent meals up at Le Lagoto.

1  Thank Holly P
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I have just returned from staying at Janes Beach Fales - my second time there. I want to say a BIG thank you to the staff there for their kindness and helpfulness - I was really sick on arrival with acute bronchitis which started on the plane journey. Unfortunately I had not brought any medication with me as I am really prone to getting this. The staff especially Petina were so wonderful to me and looked after me until I could visit a Doctor at the Hospital in the next village - which was a drama for me as he is only there once a week so I had to wait for 5 days before I could see him. A HUGE thank you to all of you. The really downside of all this was that for the 3 weeks that I was there I couldn't swim - which I missed terribly as the beach is THE best in Savaii - probably the whole of Samoa. Never mind I will make up for it next time I stay there-I won't be out of the water all day! Am looking forward to my next holiday at Janes next year - this time I am staying for 2 months.

Room Tip: The self contained units are well worth the extra SAT20.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo