Janes Beach Fales
Jet Over Hotel(Salelologa)
US$125
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
The Savaiian Hotel(Salelologa)(Great Value!)
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrecommend this resortgrassfaleparadiserelaxationsamoatidykayak
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Booked self contained unit as needed use of a fan for baby and the ease of monitoring him by having own shower and toilet.
Experienced a black out whilst there for 1 hour, which upset my little one due to the heat and he doesn't like the dark.

Service from staff very nice, and were very welcoming, friend and helpful.
Food is great value and included was Breakfast and Dinner- generous serving size and delicious.

Location is beautiful, the beach sea breeze at the bar makes this place an ideal stay to relax and enjoy the sunset. We stayed when very few guests were there so it was like having a whole beach to yourself.

Only issue i had was the beds, very uncomfortable and hard. We had to push our two singles together so our little one could sleep with us on the bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank serekus
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I really liked the design of the fale. Being older I liked having a real bed rather than a mattress on the floor and appreciated being able to lock the door. I really liked having my own balcony with table and chairs- and cushions. the design meant the breeze still wafted through but you didnt have to worry about blinds or tarps if it got windy or wet.
The bathrooms were ok, it was fairly quiet when I was there- not sure if they would cope if the fales were full.
I wasnt that impressed with the food. The meals were filling but just a bit boring- a lot of rice & chicken. Often the bar wasnt open, and the internet not working- but maybe that was because there werent a lot of customers? One thing I noticed was the lack of power sockets to charge phones etc.
But loved the design of the fales and enjoyed the beach...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed one night here and had a fale right by the beach, the views were amazing and the sea was great for swimming in. The fale was good, nice and clean, mosquits nets. I had dinner and breakfast here and it was ok, not the best meal I had on my trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I have rated Jane's beach fales 3/5 because compare to the other places I stayed in samoa it was average, not particularly bad but I've definitely stayed at better places.
The fales are clean and mosquito nets are provided ( although mine did have a number of holes, which kind of defeats the purpose), the dinner provided in the price was also adequate, we had chicken with vegetables and rice, which was nice enough. One of the issues I had with staying here however was the lack of staff especially to serve at the beach bar which was an issue if you wanted a drink as although you could walk to another set of fales that meant leaving the beach and walking a while down the road every time you needed a drink.
Overall I would say if your happy with basic facilities and just want a roof for the night at a cheap price then this is a perfect place to stay, but come prepared with your own food and wares.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abby H
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Janes for a few nights in one of the more basic fales near the waters edge. The fales are very clean, decent sized and great value for money.

The beach is just gorgeous, I spent hours snorkelling and just lazing about in the water.

Whilst the food isn't amazing, it's filling, homey and there's plenty of it. Lupe, the lady who brought us our meals is a lovely woman and always called us by our names which I loved. Breakfast and dinner was included so lunch was usually spent at Le Lagato (big plate of taro chip nachos for WST$15!? Yes please!).

The bar was quiet and sitting there with a book and watching the sun set over the water with a delish cocktail was a perfect way to end the day. The staff were incredibly friendly, always smiling and ready to help with anything.

Jane's is definitely worth a stay if you want clean budget accommodation in a fab location with wonderful staff looking after you.

• Stayed: June 2013