Regina's Beach Fales
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Savai'i
See available hotels
Jet Over Hotel(Salelologa)
  • Pool
The Savaiian Hotel(Salelologa)
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
Vaisala Hotel(Savai'i)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturtles comingbreakfast and dinnerhigh tidebits and bobsfresh flowers in the bathroomwater coolerlittle touchessamoan hospitalityplaces in the worldacross the roadcatholic churchshared bathroom facilitiesfruit platterplenty to eatbeach faleservice stationawesome experience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My friend and I have just returned from staying at Reginas at Manase. In contrast to all the other reviews I've read - we loved it there. We intended to stay 1 night, but stayed 4 instead.

The food was great! We ate like kings (and queens) at breakfast with a mix of Western and Samoan food - and dinner was a smorgasboard of variety - again, with a mix of traditional and non traditional food. They cook amazing fish! Lunch is very light on - a sandwich or toasted sandwich.... but given the other meals were so good, we were fine with taking it easy at lunch! They also offer 3 meals in the price - many others offer only 2.

The fale we stayed in was very basic, but perfect. Right on the beach where we could wake up to the waves lapping the beach and the sun rising. We were in heaven. Reginas is also at one end of the beach, so you don't get many people passing by - it's like your own private beach. You only need to stroll down along the beach (100 mtrs max) to awesome snorkelling but you can swim right outside your fales.

I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible experience one of the guests had - that's so freaky - but I can only comment on my own experience, which was A-OK. As 2 female tavellers, we were worried about a lack of locks too, but we felt safe soon enough.

Give this place a go. We will be back to see George, Lina and little fisher-boy Seko very soon

Room Tip: Ask for fales on the beach - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2011

A group of 7 of us stayed at this beautiful setting in Manase. We loved every minute of staying here!! The beach front fale's were just what we needed ,right on the water's edge. The food was amazing, lots of local produce. Service was great too. nice and quiet, not too big, just a nice size accomodation. Perfect for lazy days relaxing in the sun. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2011

The food was below average, barely edible. The night we stayed there it was very hard to sleep due to the very little breeze off the ocean and the rain. It was very hot and uncomfortable, the sheets did not smell clean. We enjoyed the open seating at dinner as we were able to meet some nice people. The man that was managing the fales did not have any respect to personal boundaries and would come into the beach fales without warning. I felt uncomfortable around this man, and my husband made sure never to leave me alone while staying there.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank RHWell
Reviewed 25 January 2010

My fiance and I had booked this place for 5 nights but left after only a couple. Anne-Marie, the young girl who runs the place, was helpful when she was there, but it was obvious from talking with her that she is completely overwhelmed with doing all the work herself. The food was awful, and we ended up having to pay to eat elsewhere half of the time because they offered nothing for vegetarians. We told them repeatedly that we are vegetarians and when Anne-Marie was there, we were able to get some non-meat meals, but any other times, there was nothing (even the soup) that didn't have meat in it. We stayed at a bunch of other places in Samoa and we never went hungry, so it is possible to get good veggie food here. The fales were fine, bathrooms were fine, and beach was nice (though you have to walk down to Stevensons for good beach access) but the service and food was not good, and I definitely think there are better options. We met other people who had the same problem and left after only a night or two and headed to Vacations fales which they said were much better. They looked much nicer too, as did Stevenson's. Overall, this beach is nothing compared to Lalomanu so I wouldn't spend more than a couple of days here. Check out.Racis Beach bar if you are on Manase though, it was the best part of our stay there. Raci and his wife are great, hire good snorkel equipment, and make amazing drinks!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Moose_the_explorer
Reviewed 26 November 2009

I had the same problem, waking to find Annamarie's father next to my bed in my fale in the middle of the night, and he had put a cat on top of my stomach underneath the mosquito net for cover. Fortunately, after making repeated ridiculously stupid excuses as to why he was there, he left when I demanded it. Supposedly, he was sent away when I told the head of the extended family. I could have put up with the horrible food, but "the incident" was too much. Also, I saw them refilling water bottles from a big jug for re-sale, and somewhere I caught Hepatitis A from either the food or water. I moved next door to Vacations, where there was a door to my fale with a latch on it and the food was very good with excellent, friendly service.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo