We were privileged to be at the wedding of Jocelyn and her husband at the Savaii Lagoon Resort, and we endorse everything she said in her review.
Never before have we ever had a holiday of this nature so we are going to return very soon.
It’s unspoilt, natural and little commercialisation.
If you want a totally relaxing holiday this is the place to go. Our stay was so good that we wish we could have stayed longer, but we will be back. Whilst we were there we didn't feel the need to go sightseeing and the locals made us very welcome.
The accommodation is simple and very comfortable, within a few steps of the beach, and because everybody gravitates to the beach the restaurant is well placed, being built over the beach itself allowing the guests to soak up peace and tranquillity, and to watch some amazing sunsets.
The food is sourced locally which means it is as fresh as one can get. None of it is frozen, and even the meat is local. The menu reflects what is in season and available on the day and is prepared under the expert guidance of your co-host, Wayne.
The staff is a credit to the resort and nothing is too much trouble.
The restaurant is also a Wi-Fi hotspot so if you feel the need to maintain contact with the outside world then this is the place to do it.
The other half of the hosting team is Sarah who looks after the front office and accommodation among other things. Both work as a team and complement each other.
A true holiday is a holiday and this is the place to experience it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa