After 3 nights in Upolu we arrived in Savaii after a good ferry crossing and journey in a transit van, mid afternoon. We were well received at Reception and taken to our accommodation of the Beachfront Studio along with our baggage. We were explained about our Studio and the resort. The room was very clean and the ceiling fan was already running which was nice as it was a hot day.It was nice to have a room safe to put away our passports etc.The part outside shower room was great with netting to stop mosquitos.The room was fairly basic but had everything we wanted as we did not intend to spend time in it except for sleeping due to the awesome setting on the sandy beach with outstanding relaxing views. It was great just to leave the studio straight onto the beach and get into the warm sea. We spent the week (7 nights)mainly on the beach, reading, swimming and watching the fish in the shallows.Of course we had to go through the cocktail menu which was a must.Happy hour was great from 4.00pm - 7.00pm. Breakfast was great from 7.00am with fruit,cereals,toast,coffee or tea and a fruit smoothie. Due to the heat we did not want lunch most of the days but they had an adequate basic lunch menu. The dinner menu changed daily and usually consisted of a fish dish, a chicken dish a meat dish and also a pasta dish. We had dinner there a couple of nights and was good but we also ate at the larger resort next door (3 minute walk) and had a great thin based pizza from the pizza shop across the road from the resort (most expensive was 45 tala for a large special). The food choices were more than suitable for us.
The staff were fabulous and very friendly and on our last night we enjoyed a traditional celebration evening performed by the staff and Boy they were great!
The resort managers (Sarah and Wayne) were also great giving care and attention (in fact my watch broke and they loaned me an unclaimed watch from lost property till the end of the holiday)
We went out in the glass bottomed boat which gave us an insight to the coral reef and the recovering fish stocks in the Marine Reserve.
We went on a half day excursion with Sam from the local village. It was very informative with the family systems explained at his home followed by seeing sights like the Blow Holes,Waterfalls and other sights.
Overall we felt this holiday would only suit people who want to relax, snorkle or dive but do not expect an adrenaline filled time.
This was probably our best holiday we have ever had and want to return to Savaii Lagoon resort again. We were so relaxed we were tired and needed a holiday to get over our holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa