Often when you return to a place that you previously enjoyed, you can be sadly disappointed.
Last year, we thought our 5 nights at Savaii Lagoon were terrific, so decided to return this July for 7 nights.. We certainly weren't disappointed.
So what do we like?
The bungalows are spacious, airy, light,with great views of the bay and lagoon, and maybe 4 or 5 meters from the golden sand beach and crystal clear water. Swimming is possible over most of the day and there is plenty to hold your interest in the snorkelling.
An ample breakfast of fresh local fruits, cornflakes, freshly baked bread and jams is
provided to give you a good start.
Other meals your option...either cook in your own small but adequate kitchenette or on the beach fale wood fired BBQ whilst watching fab sunset, order an excellent Pizza from Andy next door, or an upmarket dinner under the stars at the adjacent Le Lagato Resort.
They also make great cocktails and with a Happy Hour every evening, the price is right.
Another option in the next few months will be the managers. Kristoff and Patricia, opening their own small restaurant on the property, serving fresh local produce.
Its all so wonderfully casual, everyone so friendly, you drop right into holiday mode, barefoot, shorts, a book to read or just gaze out to sea, a Vailima (beer), yep, thats suits
me just fine.
What not to like?? Got me there, so I asked Joan. She ummed and ahrred a bit and said
"Can't think of anything". But remember, this is a laid back, relaxed experience- those seeking Big Resort amenities and activities should not apply...unless they want to get reeducated. We love the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A boutique resort situated on a beautiful sandy beach surrounded by a lagoon with sparkling clear warm waters, safe for snorkeling and swimming. Bungalows are self contained with some cooking facilities, catering for families, singles or couples. All have outdoor showers enclosed within the bungalow to enable you to have a shower under the stars. Restaurant is on the beach also for those pina coladas or cold beers while you watch the magical sunsets for which this area is renowned.resort has a glass bottom boat and fishing charters with fishing gear provided operating from the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Savaii Lagoon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Savaii Lagoon Hotel Savai`i
- Savaii Lagoon Savai i
- Savaii Lagoon Resort Samoa