This is our 3rd two week stay at Vacations, the first was in 2006 and was just so fantastic that we decided to travel back in 2008 with our family and get married. Our wedding put on by Vacations was amazing. However the overall standard had dropped a bit in 08. This visit in Aug 2010 we knew we wanted to stay at Manase but didn't book anything as we'd read mixed reviews about the various fale spots. First stop at Manase was Racis Beach Club to check out the current feedback on fales with Rene & Zita - the local bar tender is the best man for info - turned out Janes Fales had been getting complaints about their food, Tailua had no one staying and no cook either! Tanu wasn't for us as it's big, communal eating and more a party central for younger travellers and it's a long walk to the toilets from most fales - not good if you're unwell or it's raining torrentially... Also Tanu is very sheltered from the prevailing wind which makes it VERY hot with no breeze (had learned this from quite a few people during our previous 2 visits). We walked along to Vacations and WOW immediately realised it was back on form. We got a fantastic walk in rate of $65 tala each a night inclusive of breakfast and dinner (Sunday buffet umu cooked lunch is still complimentary for guests or $45 Tala for non guests). The food was outstanding, their new cooks Vailua and Joe are both fantastic, they have dropped the heavy Taro completely (we had struggled with this during the past 2 visits). The breakfasts were great, fresh paw paw with lime, local bananas accompanied each breakfast, we got pancakes, omlettes, perfectly poached eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon... was all delicious and all served with as much fresh baked bread/toast as you can eat plus tea/coffee. Dinners were homely but extremely tasty and more than substantial. The lunch menu had broadend since our last visit and the tuna sashimi was super fresh and delicious, although if you want to walk (20 mins) or taxi ($5 tala) then Le Legoto Resort at Fagamalo is better food and same prices - beautiful location too. The bathrooms were beautifully clean, our bedding and towels were changed every 2nd day, we had a coffee table in our fale, we were given an extension cord to use so the iPod was in a good location (The lack of a power outlet in most fale spots swung us towards Vacations again). The staff are amazing, friendly, efficient and a lot of fun. The bar prices are great, although we suggest taking your own spirits duty free and buying the mixers and cups of ice (big bottles of coke $5 tala & $1 tala for a tall glass of ice) as their spirits stock was rather slim, cheapest beer around Big bottles of Valima $7 tala. After travelling and looking around fales on Upolo and Savaii it made us realise that it's all the little special extras that you can't easily list but that make all the difference when they're missing - this is what makes Vacations so special. We thought it basic but neat on our first visit, now we realise what a special almost boutique spot this is. We especially liked the locked gate at night, with security on site all night, unimaginable in this day and age feeling safe leaving all your possessions in an open fale on the beach and knowing they were safe. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Samoa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Talofa Lava and Welcome to Vacations Beach Fales in Manase Savaii. We're more than happy to greet you, assist you with kindness if need assistance and definitely make your stay feel at home. About Ratings it is ST90pp thus includes Breakfast and Dinner. For Self contain at ST400 per day per unit thus includes Breakfast and Dinner, Beach Front Cottage with En-suite Bathroom at ST250 per day per unit with an extra at ST50 includes Breakfast and Dinner. We make sure that you enjoy staying with us and all your needs are accomplished. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Vacations Beach Fales reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vacations Beach Fales Hotel Savai`i
- Vacations Beach Fales Savai i
- Vacations Beach Fales Samoa