The Savaiian Hotel
Jet Over Hotel(Salelologa)
US$126
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Lusia's Lagoon Chalets(Salelologa)(Great Value!)
US$83
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
  • Breakfast included
Le Vasa Resort(Cape Fatuosofia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolhot watergreat place to staygarden bungalowsouth coast tourfishspent nightshighlight of our tripferry terminallocal knowledgeminute drivebeach sidewe loved our staybreakfast was includedno air conday tourpoi
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I stayed at the Savaiian Hotel for six weeks, during and International Practicum for nursing school i was attending in Kamloops BC, Canada. Eight Student, and one instructor stayed here.

The rooms were fantastic, and cleaned daily. The cleaning ladies always folded our towels into fun shapes (swans, fans). Comfortable beds (3 beds), a small fridge, fan, air conditioning (a must when we're used to cold air from Canada!). Small bathroom with a shower.

Food was great, with amazing breakfast with fresh fruit. Their lunch/dinner menu had both Samoan cuisine and western, which was great for our home sickness! Bar, with the Samoan beer on tap! Yummy!

A small pool, with a deck, great for tanning. Kayaks we could use to go out kayaking on the ocean! Fantastic view!

Service was absolutely amazing. Since we were there for so long, we got to the know the staff quiet well, and they were great in immersing us into their culture. The owners took us to see how lavalavas were made, how their art and mats were made, and took us on a tour of the island... which included a crater walk, a waterfall, and cave walking. AMAZING!

I have never had such an amazing say anywhere before. If anyone needs a place to stay while in Samoa, this is it!

Room Tip: There is no bad room, but if you're not used to the Samoan heat, get an A/C room!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kriddy2010
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Savaiian Hotel was everything I needed for my stay on the island (3 nights August 2013). The staff were very welcoming when I arrived and throughout my time there. The room, restaurant and the grounds were always tidy and well kept. The swimming pool was great to hop into and refresh yourself whilst looking back across at Upolu. And the breakfast was really nice i loved the esi, fresh coconuts and the pancakes! Though I was the only one booked to stay at the hotel - staff were more than happy to accommodate my girlfriend as well, whenever she came around. She was Samoan too and got along fantastically with staff.

I would recommend the Savaiian Hotel to anyone looking for simple comfort and a great place to relax after a day enjoying what Savai'i has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Upon my second stay at the Savaiian this year, i couldn't have asked for better service.
Everything from clean facilities to the warmest and friendliest staff is only part of what they have to offer (no to mention the fantastic restaurant that is a must!). No doubt, will be happy to return hopefully in the near future.
The Savaiian makes it that much harder to leave :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Foiseaso
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Savaiian hotel is located on the coast and what a wonderful location it is. We stayed there on the budget fale but that is what you need here on Savaii, a bed and shower. The premises itself is wonderful. Nice small swimming pool (enough to cool down) with a gorgeous view to the sea and Upolu. I must say the dinner we had was the best dinner we had during our stay on Samoa. Breakfast was simple but enough to have a good start of the day. Great place to do nothing for a day. Staff were fantastic and very helpful. Big thanks to Olivia, Vaitele, Turkey and Tofua (I hope I spelled the name right).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I were on business in Savaii and stayed here for 5 nights. I wanted a location near to town and close to a supermarket ....and the Savaiil Hotel ticked both boxes. The rooms are clean, well equipped and the beds comfortable. We also really enjoyed the pool and swan here every morning and evening.

The tropical breakfast includes tea / coffee, a selection of 3 fruits normally and bread or toast with jam. Quite adequate. For those wanting a hot breakfast, this is available for an extra charge. For the evening meals there is a good selection and you place orders in advance so that the meal is ready when you sit down to dinner.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the most expensive ones (the ocean view aircon ones) but all are set in quiet surroundings with views of the garden. There are only 4 ocean view rooms with a/c and two identical rooms behind these with a garden view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business