“Savaiian Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Salelologa
Te Puke, New Zealand
“Savaiian Hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent 2 nights at the Savaiian Hotel. The room was clean and the shower excellent. The staff were helpful and very pleasant. The food was above average . The swimming was not so good. The lagoon was muddy bottom and cloudy water close in, but they have kayaks and a couple of small islands with clearer water further out. The hotel was central to a few attractions such as the blowholes and waterfall. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Gorgeous sunrises overlooking the ocean. Available opportunity to sea kayak and relax on the deck of a beautiful swimming pool. The owners did an amazing job catering our meals. It was great to experience authentic Samoan food. Wonderful staff always available to help in anyway needed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The views were stunning and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are well kept and the food is great! I would go back in a heart beat. The ocean access is amazing with kayaks available for use and a beautiful ocean side pool.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Beautiful views, great traditional Samoan food. Beautiful people own this place. They open their hearts and world for you to visit. I feel like family when I'm with them. Great place to visit. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Choose a room with A/C unless you want to feel the breeze at night. It's a little warm during t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Lovely staff. Friendly warm service. Good food at the restaurant; great waterfront view for breakfast. Olivia was most helpful in getting us information on all sorts of things...buses, tours, snorkelling trips.
Felt like an authentic Pacific experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Harrington, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The room was comfortable and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful. Meals were generally of an above average standard. Breakfast was included in tariff. This hotel is situated approximately 10 minutes from Salelologa township and wharf. It's location enables fairly frequent (but not on Sundays) passing of public buses in both directions, which is a great way to travel the island. Pool was lovely but we were disappointed that there was no actual beach where we could swim. Due to wet season, water near shore was somewhat muddy. Views were lovely however from the dining/bar areas.

Room Tip: The garden budget rooms do not have water views but they are only a short walk away.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank radsons
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Savaiian a while ago but I never wrote a review it deserved or posted these awesome photos I took of the hotel and the surrounding area during my stay! My sister treated me to a trip to Sa' post my final High school exams. She had been to Samoa twice before, and wanted to share it with me. Being somewhat of an experienced traveller of the area naturally booking a week stay at the Savaiian hotel was in order. So good! The owners, a close knit family were so lovely, close to the helpful staff also graced with the Samoan good nature. All made an effort to talk to us, help us out and give us any tips, the rooms were comfortable and tidy (many thanks to the provided mosquito coils!). We hired a car for a day and zipped around the island: the lava ruins, the little lake where the lovely local children take your hand and draw you into the water to swim with the turtles, the rocky (but so worth it) trip to the dwarf caves. All in one day!
I know that this experience is a little old but I have plans to go back soon and hopefully the hotel is even remotely as lovely as it was back then because put it this way: even as I sit in winter of Shanghai where I'm on exchange, far from the familiar warm Australian sun, I still sift through the photos I took and reminisce about the lovely homey time I had there in Samoa, especially the Savaiian hotel and all I can think is: "from where you'd rather be.."

Room Tip: We chose a villa and it was lovely. We tried to use less A/C as even though the nights can get a bal...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salelologa
Amoa Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
#1 of 15 in Savai'i
Stevenson's at Manase

Been to The Savaiian Hotel? Share your experiences!