Jim, the manager runs a good place, and understands customer service.The staff are very well trained and friendly. The restaurant has a good selection of food and is nicely cooked and the free breakfast is good.
I stayed in the garden fales and wouldnt recommend them, there are other budget places around that are better value - Lusias has a good atmosphere and if you want to stay there I would go for a more expensive option.
If you are a solo traveller looking for budget accommodation for about the same price in the area I would probably go for the Salafai Inn or 5kms up the road to the Savaiian Hotel.
In the garden fale the mosquito net had holes- and there were lots of mosquitoes, the step up to the room was quite high, the door short - so I kept bumping my head, there were a lot of tree roots on the walk to the bathroom. all in all it was pretty basic and most other places I stayed for that price had better fales/ rooms.
I liked Lusias, just not the mosquitoes or garden fales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa
- Lusia's Lagoon Chalets Samoa/Salelologa