My partner and I planned for a budget holiday,and wanted to get a real taste of Samoan life.Arriving at Lusia's a warm welcome awaited.We had opted for a basic fale over the lagoon.Because we booked for 15 nights management had arranged for very comfy mattresses,which were a treat.We used Lusia's as our base and from there traveled all over Savaii in local buses.The wonderful and generous complimentary breakfast consisting of cocoa rice with fresh bananas & pawpaws and slices of coconut,followed by a choice of eggs/bacon or sausages on toast,with a full pot of great coffee/tea/milo set us up for the day.We explored the island hopping on local buses taking us everywhere,only costing a few Tala.We met warm & friendly locals,inviting us in & we experienced great hospitality where ever we went.Coming home to Lusia's was great,the wonderful exotic trees in which the resort is nestled bring welcome shade,and cooling off in the Pulusau (rock pool) is a treat,followed by a swim in the beautiful turquoise waters of the lagoon.Lots of tropical fish can be fed from the balcony of the fale,or the sun deck.The kayaks are a wonderful bonus,best time to take it out is early morning ar late afternoon when the water is very still,to spot fish & turtles.All the staff are courteous, friendly and very helpful.Jim the manager is great and Lusia herself is a true gem.We can warmly and highly recommend Lusia's for any traveller wanting to experience the real Samoa.Excellent value for money as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, HotelsClick and Ebookers so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa
- Lusia's Lagoon Chalets Samoa/Salelologa