Lucia's Laggon is situated in Salegoa, $5 taxi trip from the ferry takes you there and it's situated over beautiful lagoon. It's about 5min walk to the nearby Market place. The market place is good to have a look and is where bus stop is. Buses that go to Afuafuu Waterfalls and other parts of Savaii depart and arrive from early morning to 4pm. The friendly staffs at Lucia's lagoon is always eager to help and recommend places to visit in Savii and answer your questions.
As I walked into the accomodation, I was greeted with smiles by Tui and he showed me to my chalet. It had clean queensize bed and single bed with a balcony. The traditional Samoan style chalet made the stay feel like an island get away. The room, showers and bathroom were clean, although the ceiling of the chalet was getting a little worn but the construction was happening in the place to upgrade the facility elsewhere. Mosquito nets were good and the house keepers kept the room clean and tidy when it was needed.
I got upgraded to an ensuite sweet room on my last day by mistake and it was a very nice self contained unit which made me see another luxurious side at Lucia's. The upgraded room had nice showers, comfortable queen size bed, cleanliness all around and beautiful Samoan carvings that decorated the bedroom which made a romantic and luxurious atmosphere.
For breakfast Lusia's serve a generous amount of fruits, coconut, coco-samoa , paw-paw and drinks either tea, coffee or milo. I'd recommend scrambled eggs with a toast if you are a medium sized eater. Their seafood selections - tuna on plate was said to be delicious too. Lucia's not just an accomodation but a popular local cafe and restaurant. Lunch and dinner menus are of great quality and value.
Activities do do at Lusia are swimming, diving at the lagoon, kayaking for a 20 tala, a bicycle can be rented out if you are into active exploration and car-rental can be easily booked over the counter. Lagoon water is clear and there are variety of tropical fish that swim. Diving in the lagoon is refreshing and in the humid Samoan weather it's perfect. but there is a warning of protruding corals, so guests have to be at his own risk diving. There's also a pool table and selection of books to read from at the library. Every evening there's a playlist of Michael Jackson songs, bob marley and people gather and play pool or chat, meeting new travelers, planning the next adventure.
Tui, Peleti, Jim and friendly girls at lucia's really look after the guests. I had a late plane to catch and Jim offered me to stay at one of the chalets for a fraction of price until the ferry, this was very helpful. I enjoyed my stay at Lusia's and recommend it to any people that are looking for a relaxing stay at Savaii with warm local hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small, boutique resort located on the Big Island of Savai'i in Salelologa. If you are looking for somewhere a little different, somewhere relaxing, we are the place you have been looking for! Located conveniently - get off the ferry at Salelologa wharf turn left. Lusia's Lagoon Chalets is a five minute walk or 1 minute drive from the wharf at Salelologa, Savaii. At Lusia's you can walk through a natural Samoan forest amongst the towering and rare native ifilele trees. Take a dip in our turquoise lagoon, or for the more adventurous, you may like to snorkel or kayak and view the amazing variety of marine life. In the evening, enjoy a satisfying meal in CC's Restaurant & Bar, or you may like to have your meal served to you on our deck situated on the edge of our lagoon. Accommodation ranges from self contained air conditioned units, shared facility "over the water fales" and budget accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lusia's Lagoon Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lusia`s Lagoon Chalets Hotel Salelologa
- Lusias Lagoon Chalets Salelologa
- Lusia's Lagoon Chalets Samoa/Salelologa