Jet Over Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Savaiian Hotel(Salelologa)
Amoa Resort(Savai'i)
  • Breakfast included
Le Vasa Resort(Cape Fatuosofia)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Internal rooms are disgusting and akin to living in a cave!! No room make up for 4 days (might have been longer but we left), no soap, no tea / coffee etc, no internet although the service was advertised.

Restaurant was OK and staff friendly but slow.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Wontok-1950
Management response:Responded 6 November 2010

Thank you for your feedback. This review is somewhat very disappointing for us, but we appreicate your honest opinion. I am sorry you were not happy with your stay at Jet Over Hotel and I deeply apologize for that, but I assure you that we will do everything we can to correct this to improve our services for the future.
Once again, thank you for your input, and many blessings.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

I must say the only positive thing I have to say about this experience is that I'm glad we were double booked as we would not have experienced the wonderful service at Siufaga Beach Resort. As we are frequent travellers to Savaii we originally booked in March of this year, as it was close to the Terminal for my elderly mother. Upon calling them to confirm our booking from Uplu I was told the room was no longer available. Also was then told of the cost, it costs the same to stay at Jet Over and Siufaga, where by Siufaga Beach Resort, is of a higher level of cleanliness, customer service & overall presentation, therefore I was not going to be silly enough to leave the beautiful heaven Siufaga had to a dump like Jet Over. The service was plastic, right from their Management down to their front line staff, a truly disappointing display of what the true humble genuine smiles of samoan people should be, this place is run simply on the philosophy of "who you are" and not what you pay for. Not recommended to Business or Leisure travellers, it would be a recommendation that you see how dirty Salelologa is on arrival, this is a sign of what sort of service you can expect from the local Hotels/Motels Staff. It would be highly recommended to travel outside of Salelologa to the Beach resorts as at least you are treated with fairness and get the genuine smiles rather than the plastic below satisfactory service that offered at Jet Over. Their rate is no where near what is deserved, previously this was managed by a lovely Lady Aunty Helen, who made this place a comfortable, warming environment hwoever now some stuck up lady their is a reflection of the snobby service they now offer, when they should be looking at building this resort, it is sad that the standards have dropped below acceptable since Aunty Helen left. We will never return to this dump and I recommend no one go there, a truly disappointing experience that will not be forgotten, the word of mouth is the most damaging marketing tool out there, this I warned them after their management blaming the double booking on us? Go fogure, after reading other reviews it seems that they are great at not taking responsibility and ownership at their lack of good customer service, but are the experts in blaming the customer? Look deep within Jet Over Management & Staff, in order to be humble you must look within at why these reviews are being written. Bad service & well overpriced for what its worth!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Neta T
Reviewed 3 July 2010

We booked the Jetover because it was close to the Ferry terminal and by all accounts it looked like a nice, professionally run place. We thought, it would be a good place to spend our last night on Savaii as it had a restaurant and pool. We booked a mall room.

First off - we popped in on the Saturday to ask if could check in a day early (ie on the Sunday). Well the guy on reception looked as if we were asking him for a kidney. After several minutes of speaking in Samoan to the other staff, he stalked off to the office (without saying anything to us) so we stood there wondering whether he was off to ring the police about the organ snatchers waiting at reception! Finally he came back and said "yes that will be fine". We asked to see the room, so they showed my partner to a room which was very acceptable, which would have been nice if they had given us that one when we checked in the following day.

On checking-in we were shown to a much less nice room, but we figured it would be okay. We were also surprised at the lack of check-in protocol (details about the amenitites, restaurant, the fact we had a room with no hot water, etc). So after settling in we went for lunch at the restaurant. The food was lovely and would have been much more appreciated if it hadn't taken 1 hour 10 minues. Given there was just us in there, we were a tad surprised and no one came to explain or even apologise for the delay.

Service wise - we found the staff in the bar and restaurant to be really good and friendly. But the reception staff were less so. They were not impolite but little things like when I asked for an extra pillow - it was a huge production of explaining why I needed an extra pillow, how many the room had. He then he marched off without telling me what was going on, spoke to some other staff in samoan, one of whom finally came over and said she would get one for me. Our first morning when we came down to breakfast, we were greeted with he less usual greeting of "are we checking out" instead of "good morning".

The room - as I said it was okay ... apart from not knowing about the cold water. The ensuite is small and tended to get very stuffy (even with the cold water showers), the shower basin and sink took ages to drain. Worse, we were waken in the night by an awful gurlging, sploshing sound which was the water coming backup and then taking another 10 mintutes to drain nosily away. We suspected that it was not just from our shower or bathroom basin usage because it happened several times thought out our stay. The airconditioner sounded like a jet engine (the filters were filthy). And finally, we found mouse (or possibly gecko) dirt in the kitchenette cupboard.

The pool which looks so inviting became less so when we realised you could only see 2 feet into it. But the swim out in the sea around the pontoons is wonderful.

Finally on checking out, my partner had had enough after the eftpos machine was down and they wanted us to take a taxi, to go and get cash to pay. Granted it would have been minimal cost, but after everything and the fact they had a hotel van parked outside - he insisted in being driven. At which time the manager came out and took him in the van, giving him the chance to go over our experience. She was very apologetic and we did get a complimentary night, which was an appreciated gesture.

To sum up - it looks good on the website, but we just were not impressed by the difficulties we encountered.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DianeandLyndon
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Staff always nice (stayed here many times) but there is always something missed in the rooms; old soap, leftovers in fridge, shower not cleaned...etc.
Internet usage is a huge rip off! Yes I know internet is expensive in Samoa, I live here. But what these guys try to sell it for is highway robbery!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pandanuspalms
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Well where to start...
Our confirmed booking was for 3 beds in the room- nope 2 beds when told this they said "its all we provide" so whose the liar? Me or the front desk?
The room was clean at least, however an unkept shower, a broken tv and a non working fridge when told of these the fafa receptionist assured us it would be taken care- well it wasnt and probably still hasnt been and Ive back home a couple weeks.
All in all it was the low point of an otherwise wonderful trip- it might be a little better in the high season but I would stongly not reccomend this hotel- the Drama Queen was just that too much DRAMA

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends