“avoid for lunch”
Review of Jet Over Hotel

Jet Over Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Salelologa
Reviewed 31 July 2013

so we knew lunch had stopped being served( only 30 mins left) it was 1.30pm but we asked and the staff said yes no worries - possibly because there was a party of 9...the venue grounds looked lovely. The food was bad bad bad...after taking the orders and waiting of 1/2 and hour the waiter came back and said this and that weren't available...I don't know whether this is a reflection of the rest of the food service...but we felt ripped off when we paid our bill...worst food on Savaii

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank hilde99_13

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. Thank goodness I didn't stay any longer. No plates cups or cutlery in room on arrival. No tea towels. Had to go and get all of these items ourselves! Staff just walking around not being usefull to us staying there. Bad attitude. Not once was our room cleaned by staff. Staff couldn't be trusted. Complimentary breakfast consisted of toast and pancakes! Was expecting much more than that!! Pool was dirty with dead bugs. Was not turned on when in use. Food expensive yet gross and not worth it! We ordered garlic bread which was 10 tala and what we got was 2 bread slices with garlic spread on it. Dont these people know what garlic bread is!!! Rip off. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!!

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank faina8
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights on a weekend trip to savaii. Rained heavily wen we arrived from upolu so we found the closest place from the wharf. Terrible service....stems down from the manager. It took forever for anything we asked about to be actioned including getting basics such as enough towels or soap for our group. We complained that the aircon did not work and the manager initially refused to compensate us before eventually giving us a pizza!

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank RJR-NZ
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed for 5 nights in a garden / ocean view. The staff were helpful & friendly. We used the Jet Over as our base while on Savai'i and that was the right choice. The pool was clean and well balanced so was a great place to relax & cool off. We would highly recommend the Jet Over & we will return with no hesitation.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the newer garden / ocean view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenni E
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The Jetover Hotel was recommended to us by a travel agent who obviously had not been there herself. Room ordinary, pool unusable and green. Half the menu was fish although no fish available, I think the management need to be a bit more upmarket.

Room Tip: There are better hotels available in Savaíi
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Mark B, Manager at Jet Over Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2013

Dear Sydney OZ Traveller,
Thank you for your short critique. I apologise whole heartedly for the pool which alas did take a turn to the green side after we had some very heavy rain. Despite the best efforts of both our poolguy and myself it took us about 6 days to right the changes. Alas reporting now that it is crystal clear with a blue tinge from the tiling is no good to you.
So if you ever plan on returning to Samoa please take this address info@jetoverhotel.com and let me know. I'll send you contact details so that I can shout you your first night free including some fish and chips if I have to catch the fish myself.
We are as you suggest slowly upgrading and making plans to go more upmarket, in fact this weekend we start installing our new $40,000 kicthen.
As for anyone who has justifiable complaints please don't be shy. My name is Mark Birtwistle and I I'm the manager. My office is open everyday so just ask for me and my staff will gladly direct you to me. I will then do my utmost to help with any problems you have. In fact my personal email is birtwistlemark@gmail.com feel free to cpontact me anytime.

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We checked in for two nights in mid jan 2013. Our preference was to stay at manase in a beach fale but because of the continuous rain decided to go with jetover. We paid extra to stay in a sea view room.the aircon was not working and when i reported it i was told they were already aware there was a prob with that particular room. So why were we not told this in the first instance? I had to bug them about giving us a discount for the first nite as we paid cash on arrival. The receptionist (a faafafine) has a terrible attitude and should not be in customer services. When we asked for towels ir took 4 hours before we get them. There are no dishes or cutlery in the units so you have to wait around for those too. I found the same receptionist asleep in the lounge/dining area the morning after their karaoke night and the nxt day I had to wake him up at the desk when we were waiting to check out at 9am! The owners attitude isnt much better. He initially would not give us a discount for not getting the airconditioned room we had paid for but reluctantly gave us a pizza valued at 30 tala. Very unprofessional establishment.....do not bother booking here

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank NewZealandRob
Reviewed 10 November 2012

The Jetover, as far as we were concerned was the best value for money for the whole of
Savaii. We had only the lesser priced room but found that apart from the lack of "ocean view" it had all of the other attributes you really needed with a few exceptions. It was fairly old admittedly but compared with other accommodation we had seen on the island it was pretty good.. The water supply was great, the fridge worked like a charm (and froze ice) which was pretty rare, the place was clean,tidy and reasonably well appointed.The swimming pool was clean and very inviting as were the gardens and surrounds. The lack of actual swimming beach did not really matter too much to us.
The meals were quite good and the bar service was reasonable, except for the fact that we could not get a real cold stubby of Vailima.But the draught was good and cold when they had some.
The included breakfast was a bit of a farce and needs to be seriously looked at as it is nowhere near the quality or quantity offered in other places on the islands.
The service was pretty good and the staff did their utmost to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: Save yourselves 40 tala and get a non sea-view room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salelologa
The Savaiian Hotel
Stevenson's at Manase
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Fagamalo

Been to Jet Over Hotel? Share your experiences!