Friendly small boutique style hotel located in the Vailima area, near Apia township. We had originally planned to book at the Aggie Grey Hotel chain but they were fully booked due to the filming of the TV show Survivor Samoa, however it was blessing in disguise as it led us to this gem of a hotel. This hotel has loads of personality and is a good solid choice for those seeking a comfy modern stay in Apia. Its small enough to have that family feel yet big enough to have your privacy etc. Hosts Luna and Norman are fantastic and really go out of their way to make sure your stay is comfortable. We are definitely staying at this hotel next time we’re in Samoa and will be recommending it to all our friends.
* Friendly hosts and staff - from early morning check in/ out (common for flights to/ from New Zealand) to chowing down on the refreshing complementary tropical breakfast you’ll enjoy the friendly atmosphere
* Clean and spacious rooms with trendy private outdoor private bathroom
* Close proximity to Apia (5 min cab ride approx 7 tala – approx $3.50 AUD one way into town) – just ask reception to call a cab for you
* Great fresh juices (try the banana and papaya) and range of refreshing cocktails on the menu
* Appealing presentation of food/ drinks served
* Reasonably priced laundry service (wash and dry service charged as per load rather than per item)
* Reliable wireless internet access from the lobby (purchase pre-paid wireless cards from reception @ 20 tala per hour)
* Limited traditional Samoan style food on the menu e.g. taro, luau (taro leaves in coconut cream). Samoan style oka (raw fish) would be a better choice than the Hawaiian style raw fish (poke) on offer
* Wireless internet is a little on the expensive side in comparison to other similar hotels (acknowledging of course this is Samoa not Japan or the USA where this type of service is usually included in the room rate)
* No irons in room (for convenience it would be nice to have an iron in the room so you don’t have to bother the lovely staff every time you want to iron something).
Forget hiring a rental car unless you really need one! Ask Luna to book you in for a fully guided day tour in an air conditioned van (approx 9am – 5pm) around selected sites on Upolu island with experienced tour guide “Peter”. Peter is an ex-pilot and very knowledgeable on all things Samoan. His running commentary of Samoan culture as you drive through/past villages gives you a great understanding and appreciation of Samoa. He is friendly and personable and can tailor his tour to meet the needs of small or large groups. Among other things the tour goes to Apia Park, Piula water caves (popular fresh water swimming spot), Lalomanu beach (the nicest beach on Upolo with white sand and clear blue water) and x3 different waterfalls. Entrance to Piula caves is additional (approx 5 tala) and includes use of toilets and changing rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Manumea Hotel is located on the Cross Island Road, approximately 10 minutes from Samoa's capital, Apia. Nestled at the base of Mt Vaea, the resting place of the late Robert Louis Stevenson, the Hotel is only minutes walk away from the late-author's residence which is now a museum and grave-site.The Hotel's 12 Executive Suites command panoramic views of the Pacific horizon. Fully air conditioned with a ceiling fan, each suite has a secure indoor/outdoor bathroom with hot and cold water, a quaint little kitchenette with coffee and tea amenities with a little mini fridge and microwave. A 32" Flat Screen is provided, and laundry service is available. The Hotel restaurant serves a range of Europeen and Samoan dishes and the bar is fully stocked and ready to serve a range of beverages which can be enjoyed poolside. Also on site is an air conditioned Conference Suite, which can seat up to 40 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Le Manumea Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manumea Hotel Apia
- Le Manumea Hotel Samoa/Apia