“Home away from home”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Apia
Tatiana Apartments - Apaula Heights
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed 25 December 2012

The Tatiana Apartments are ideal for a businessperson wanting a nice place to stay while working in Apia. I stayed a total of 12 weeks in 2012 and really enjoyed having Tatiana Apartments as my home away from home. The apartments are spacious, clean and nice and are serviced once a week. The kitchen facilities are basic but adequate - I cooked most of my meals. There is a clothes washing machine for shared use. There is a security person on site. The apartments are located about 30mins walk (or a 5 Tala taxi fare) from Apia CBD and are elevated. There are great views from the level 2 deck of the Apia area and out to the Pacific Ocean. In May and August I really enjoyed seeing the sun rise over the horizon from my apartment. The deck was great for chatting with others after work too.
The owner (Afoa) was very helpful if I needed anything, and also kindly took me to work each day. I recommend the apartments to anyone looking for accommodation while working in Apia.

Room Tip: Level 2 has views from the deck.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Richard T

Reviewed 9 December 2012

I have been coming to Samoa for 16 years now, and have stayed all over town, mostly at the top end of the market. This was my first stay at Apaula Heights, and after less than 24 hours I vowed that I would never stay anywhere else so long as I could get a booking here. A beautiful setting and lovely spacious clean well-appointed suites (I measured mine - it was 82 sq mtrs). Absolutely superb value for money, and I love the fact that its beautiful location is just a little bit out of the way. But once you have the number of a reliable cab or the local stand it is only a few minutes to anywhere in town, and a maximum of 5 tala (about A$2). I loved every minute, and found Afoa to be an excellent host. I recommend it thoroughly for anyone who likes space, comfort and outstanding views. I will be back! Garth Parry / New Caledonia

Room Tip: There are more suites being built as I write, so this might be soon out of date - the level I was on...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NewCaledonia_Garth
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The building is only half finished, there is no reception or anyone around to talk to about the many problems we had with our room. The one number we had didn’t work because it was connected to a mobile in Australia that was out of reach. Our rental car arranged by the hotel didn’t show up the first day which was a little frustrating because this place is so far from everything that there is absolutely no place you can go without a car. The biggest problem though with the property has nothing to do with the owner or the property itself but all with the building of a new hospital in the valley. The Chinese workers there are making incredible noise 7days a week, 24 hours a day. We couldn’t believe it – they never ever stop. To make things worse the Chinese are also building a church connected to the hospital with a large clock tower. About 3 days into our stay they started using these clocks. The noise is INCREDIBLE. It goes off every half hour from early in the morning, till late at night, and it is not a traditional bell sound but a loud nearly mechanical zoom – something that could be used for a Tsunami warning or something. Certainly not for a clock tower. In fact I can not describe how loud and annoying it is, it is beyond imagination and comprehension, and it is long (the song they play on the hour every hour in particular). Anyway not sleeping because of the construction noise + the clock tower made it unbearable and very very stressful to stay there. So we just had to flee to a hotel downtown with no noise at all to finally get some sleep and relax.
Too bad for the investments the owner has made to this place but I believe it has become completely unfit to use as holiday accommodation. (Unless they finish the hospital and somebody sabotages the clock tower)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kurt P
Reviewed 12 January 2012

We chose this apartment for four nights to cater for our family of two teens with mother in tow. The room had all extra three beds placed around the usual king bed I imagine would be in it. King bed was comfy. The apartment is well appointed, clean and tidy with full kitchen, a/c and fans. We cooked our meals and there was nothing we needed that wasn't there including serving bowls, chopping board, plunger, fridge, microwave etc. We also entertained with another family easily. There is a washing machine and lines for drying. The location is fabulous and private as it is close to Apia but feels miles away from the bustle and noise of Apia. The views to the habour, ocean and across the valley is great. You can sit outside on outdoor furniture and enjoy. The very minor complaint was the noise of the construction of the hospital across the valley but that will only be temporary, and block out curtains would be the only improvement. I would definitely recommend for the price and location compared to the many places I looked. As a regular visitor I would stay here again as the other place I usually stay was fully booked and not as good for the whole family. It is secure, with gated parking area and lovely security man who always greeted us as though we were coming home for the night. Afoa was also warm and chatty. The correspondence with Athene was the most warm and efficient of all the accomodation operators when trying to book this holiday.

Room Tip: We had a corner apartmentaway from the main entrance which meant that people didn't walk in fron...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jen101Auckland
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We lived seven days in one of the apartments – we felt at home away from our home.
A real large room (we were upgraded from a smaller to a big apartment) with all the luxury comfort you need: complete kitchen with stainless steel pots, real porcelain, cutlery, fridge with freezer, microwave, water cooker and gas stove with four flames; a very nice dining corner, a kingsize bed, a wardrobe with lots of hangers, a cozy livingroom area, a desk and a large comfort room with toilet, shower and a glass basin, a TV and DVD Player with satellite stations. Airconditions and fans are there, they work well. The view from the terrace towards the bay of Apia ist marvelous (sunrise in the morning). Common washing machine is available, you can hang and iron your cloth in the apartment. Hairdryer in the apartment. The apartment is provided with soap, towels and toilet paper, they change the towels once or twice the week – cause it is a self contained apartment. The hosts are very thoughtful, they even provide you with everything for your first breakfast: milk, teebags, coffee-pack, crackers, cereals and a Pawpaw. The apartment is super clean and hit our “german expectations”.
The site is great: the building is situated on a hill, that’s why you have a wonderful view from there. Nevertheless, you may walk in only 30 minutes down to the “downtown area” of Apia without to much stress. A taxi for the way back costs you less than two Euro. The apartments are guarded during the night by a samoan watch guard. You may park your car on the ground of the apartment.
The hospitality is great. If you want you get a ride from the airport organized for a fair rate, same with the way back. When we arrived at the apartment, we were welcomed through our host Athene. We chatted for about an hour, and we got a lot of advices (car rentals, tours, trips, sightseeing spots, restaurants and so on). Athene is very nice and reliable, she has been for a few months in Germany and is proud that her apartments are very clean. Her father is often at the apartments and checks if everything is alright. Once in a while he supports the guests with Samoan newspapers (English language) and is open minded for questions. If there is anything wrong, he will manage to fix it in a very short time (the only thing in our apartment was that we could not hear anything from the TV, it was fixed after one hour).
Our summary: more than recommendable – just perfect!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gigihan
Reviewed 12 June 2011

A colleague and I stayed at the Tatiana Apartments for five weeks in May - June 2011. I can thoroughly recommend the place - very clean and comfortable and Afoa (the owner) could not have done more to make me feel welcome and to make my stay a very enjoyable one.

I will definitely return to stay here on my next trip to beatiful Samoa.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My family stayed at Tatiana Hotel in Tanugamanono, where we were pleasantly surprised by how clean and presentable the rooms were with self contained shower/toilets and a small kitchen with A/C. We stayed for 3weeks and couldnt have been happier with our stay especially when you take into account the hospitality of the owners their daughter Athene and her adorable son AJ who my son Ethanael quickly made friends with during our stay.
If your looking for modern,clean and affordable apartments close to town with a/c you really cant go past Tatiana as a place where you can base yourself as you travel around the island of Upolu. Along with the Samoan hospitality provided the hosts you really cant go wrong. Well definitely be back sooner the later.
The Tepas
P.s Hope the pregnancy is running smoothly for you Athene all the best.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business