“Much better options elsewhere”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Apia
Treasure Garden Hotel
Ranked #13 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Another example of Apia hotels looking great on website, dreadful in person. Thankful i only prepaid 3 days, I could check out and go elsewhere. We ended up taking mattress off bed and sleeping on floor which was surprisingly more comfortable then the bed. Not very clean, old decor, limited room servicing, bed linen is old and unclean, no extra amenities.....I'd like to support local business's, but sadly this motel is in serious need of a full makeover to justify its budget rates....you get better facilities staying in an open air fale on the beach!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank gen36
There are newer reviews for Treasure Garden Hotel

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Good accommadation if your on a tight budget, but want the basics...Air Con, your own toilet, hot shower, bed, drawer, coloured tv, good service and close to town! Oh and it's the cheapest we've found in town to have all of this. ONLY $90tala or $120tala for the double room (2 double beds). Alot of us always stay here,because it is good for your money and so close town,movies,markets,grocery store and so on.

Room Tip: Ask to check your room first,because some beds are pretty hard for the ones that don't like slee...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SamoaFan
Reviewed 2 March 2011

The 2 previous reviews say it all really. Excellent location, which is why I chose it, but ended up leaving the same morning (Checked in just after 2am coming off a late flight and checked out 8 hours later @ 10am) for another hotel.

I honestly feel I would have actually slept a wink or two had I laid on the floor. I was too exhausted in the morning to lift the sheet to examine if there really was a mattress on the "bed". My eight hours spent there were sleepless and excruciating; thanks to them I spent the next 3 days of my stay in Apia with horrible back pain.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed at the Treasure Garden Hotel for over a week, my family occupied 3 rooms of the hotel, had we not already paid the money beforehand we would've changed hotels as soon as we saw what state the hotel was in. Firstly the pictures in the brochure and on the internet were not the same, the brochure made the hotel look great, when we got there the hotel wasn't even half decent.

Rooms - 1 double bed, 1 single bed, ensuite, tv
Our room had cobwebs still hanging from the celing, and the bathroom didn't even have floor mats, so we used the hotel towels, only to be told the next morning by the hotel staff to please not use the hotel towels for bath mats and that they had provided bath mats for us later, when we saw the bath mats we were put off as they looked old and dirty. The beds didn't have fitting sheets, the beds were wobbly and the mattresses were rock hard.

Cleanliness - The hotel stated that our rooms would be cleaned 3 times a week, during our 9 night stay we only counted our rooms being cleaned twice while we were there.

Internet Cafe - Despite what the brochure and ads say, they do not have internet cafe

TV - if the tvs even worked at all then all the channels were fuzzy, when I enquired about an antenna the hotel staff could not help me.

Airconditioning - the hotel had 1 remote for all the air con units, the day staff couldn't fix the air con problem not being cold enough in the rooms because the remote buttons were all in chinese. In the end they gave me the remote and I had to guess what all the buttons were and ended up fixing our air conditioning myself.

Staff - Though the staff were friendly we were pretty disspointed that they would help themselves to our food we left in the fridge.

The only good thing was the location of the hotel, it is right next to the market at Fugalei but that was the only upside to our stay there was being in close proximity to the market. If you don't mind very budget (and i mean VERY budget) accommodation then it should be ok. I probably won't ever stay at Treasure Garden again, it was a real disspointment.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The dissappointing part about eh Treasure Garden is it has the potential to be a great place to stay, however the running of the hotel lets it down badly.

If you are looking for a soft comfortable bed, you may prefer to put the sheet directly on the tiled floor and sleep there. I am certain it would be softer than the beds provided. Honestly, I have never ion my life felt a bed as hard. It was like a block of timber. The other bed in our room was like the base of an ensemble, buit without the mattress put on top. Horrible. We had 5 rooms in all across our group, and all were the same.

The advertising for the hotel states that each room has TV, Fridge and hot water. Out of the 5 rooms, 2 TV's worked, 1 had hot water for 2 of our 6 days, and none had a fridge. There was one large bar style fridge out in the foyer which were able to use after some coercing, but it is not secure so I wouldnt leave much in there. They also advertise wireless internet, but it was not to be seen anywhere.

Any requests were met with a bit of a strange look, like "why are you asking me?". You pay for a bar of soap if you need it, and nothing is provided in the rooms as per a normal hotel. Even asking for toilet paper seemed a chore.

It is located directly above a Chinese Restaurant, however the food was exceedingly average, and at least half of the menu was "out of stock" when we ate there. I have never before been to a Chinese where I was unable to order a basic honey chicken, as they were out of honey?

The location is not bad, as it is close to Central Apia, and only a short walk to the markets etc and main shopping district.

On the plus side, there is a fantastic cafe across the road called the Barristers cafe. Would highly recommend anyone staying in Apia go there for breakfast or lunch. Great food, excellent service and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Great prices too.
Also about 100 metres the other way is a parking yard with a small take away in it. Best value food in Samoa for sure. You klnow you are on a good thing when many of the taxi drivers etc swing in to eat and then go again. Huge portions of good food, and cheap prices.

So avoid the Treasure Garden if you can. It is a cheap option which is why we chose it, however all of the people in our party agree that even at half the price it would have been too expensive for what you get.

If someone has the money and inclination, I would recommend you buy the place, as if it was run to its potential it would be a gold mine, not a Treasure Garden.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grimaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows
Taumeasina Island Resort
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Dave Parker Eco Lodge
Dave Parker Eco Lodge
#15 of 29 in Apia
Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Sa'Moana Beach Bungalows

Been to Treasure Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!