“amazing”

Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Apia
Dunedin, New Zealand
“amazing”
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Just got back fro, samoa and with a group of 11 of use and we had the best time of are lifes. amazing place. great staff and i really meen GREAT staff. very helpfull and happy. I took my two little girls that are 5months and 22months and they helped out with the kids when we wore eating tea or having breakie. we had one of the downstairs rooms (recomend paying the extra for the downstairs rooms they are amazing). i have read the terrible reviews and i really disagree with them. while staying there, thier was a wedding going on and it looked amazing. really recomend kitano!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Amazing customer service. very helpful and friendly. the staff all went out of their way to find out information for us, organise cheaps transport, booking appointments. i give this resort an A++ highly reccomend this place. it is beautiful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank grixon
TusiGM, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
Talofa!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. It is heartwarming to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and most specially that some members of our team managed to go out of their way to ensure that you enjoyed your visit to Samoa. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with everyone as they serve as an inspiration for us to continually strive to extend the best that we can to guests.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you staying with us again one day soon.
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We loved it, the new Tanoa is 10 times better than what it was back in 2006. The rooms are beautiful, Just love the whole new makeover. However i was not impressed with the food, lets just say we ate out... only downfall otherwise everything else was perfect including staff. Am going back again next month and can't wait!!

Talofa!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It is great and heartwarming to know that over all we have managed to make your stay and enjoyable one. Thank you most specially on your comment with regards to members of our team as this shows that we are on the right track. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with everyone.

Rest assured too that we will take your comments regarding food on board and will work on improving these.

Again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again and hopefully with food to your liking this time.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We stayed at this property during the April School Holidays, it is a very nice hotel, newly refurbished, and the rooms included all the amenities you would need, our package included buffet breakfast for the 5 nights we were there, the breakfast was quite nice although a little slow on the service at times. The pool area is beautiful, next to the pool deck bar, and the children's pool is excellent. I had an issue at times with the housekeeping, 1 of the day's towels were not replaced and the floors were not cleaned, ther were quite a few ants in our room, i sprayed them myself, and i mentioned this at reception, the matter was handled promptly and i was offered an apology, great service.
The drinks and cocktails were reasonably priced and the food was of very good quality. The hotel is situated in the city area, so it is easily accesible. I would recommend this hotel if staying in Apia.

Room Tip: Downstairs room, easier to get around.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
TusiGM, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. It is only through honest feedback such as yours that we are able to evaluate, review and improve our services and product. We are very sorry about your housekeeping concerns but are glad that our team was able to do something about it. Rest assured that the ants concern will be looked into as well as service consistency during breakfast.

Overall, thank you for your encouraging and motivating review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Pago Pago, American Samoa
Reviewed 23 April 2011

This is my 3rd stay @ the Tanoa Tusitala and like my previous trip with wife and grandson about 3 weeks ago, was perfect as I had anticipated! Some people moan and groan about anything and everything, those are the types that are never happy anywhere and should remain behind closed doors @ home!!!!!

Check-in was a breeze as before, smiles all around....attitude has everything to do with it and if you smile you will court smiles in return! My room was clean, roomy, quiet and the aircon worked fine.....unlike many who complain about the noise, the hum actually helps me sleep better! It drowns out any outside noise one may hear. I found the bed very comfortable and firm, more than ample towels and the robes are a nice touch!

All the staff I encountered were friendly and always @ the ready to assist me. My only minor glitch this time is I could only intermittently call my family in American Samoa.....I found out later it's no fault of the hotel but the phone company providing the service!
I did not try the restaurant as I found the food to be dry and bland from last time but like I they are in the tweaking stage and it will get better! Tavita and the pleasant girl from Lalomanu (sorry, forgot her unusual name) were always full of smiles and ready to assist, whether getting a cab, changing money or info I needed.

In conclusion the Tanoa is above and beyond it's Kitano days and my home away from home! Kudos to Theresa and the management for doing a fantastic job! I definitely will be back!!! It's one of the better places to stay and you will not be disappointed....take your best attitude and smile along!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for your kind and encouraging words. We love the candid humor that you play your review by. Your straight forwardness is very much appreciated.

It is great to hear that our Team is doing something right. We know that we will have the opportunity of having you stay with us again and as such, we look forward to that.
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I'ld like to highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Me and my sisters stayed there for 4 nights and we loved our room its so modern and beautiful, very spacious. the pool & bar area is just amazing and they even have a westpac atm machine on site, which is very convenient for me. Staff were very friendly and always welcome us in and out. I cant wait to plan my next trip and stay here too, next trip will be with my husband and children.
Thank you Hotel for making our stay memorable.

Room Tip: executive suite is amazing.....loved it.
1 Thank Tee26
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Took the family to Samoa for the first time just before the school holiday rush and we had a fabulous time. I have previously stayed in Samoa on business and stayed at another hotel and found Tanoa Tusitala a breath of fresh air! Love the room decor (wall decals stunning) - lovely tropical feel. Found the food and service to be great - overall no complaints whatsoever. No hesitation in recommending to other travellers!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
TusiGM, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay and for your kind and encouraging words. It is great to hear that our Team is on the right track - making sure that our guests' stay are as pleasant and as memorable as we possibly make it to be. We hope that we will have the opportunity of having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows
Taumeasina Island Resort
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu

Been to Tanoa Tusitala Hotel? Share your experiences!