Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Samoan Outrigger Hotel(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$100
US$97
US$63
Hotwire.com
US$466
US$444
Samoa Tradition Resort(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$63
  • Breakfast included
Dave Parker Eco Lodge(Apia)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$26
  • Pool
All reviewsdeck barkids poolduty managerfiafia nightflea marketspecial thanksrooms are spaciousthe general managerlittle thingsclose to townair conditioningbuffet breakfastnice poolaggie greysnew zealandthank you so muchapia town
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I had a ground floor room with a patio overlooking the tennis courts. The room had everything that I needed.
Electric kettle, small fridge, iron and ironing board.

The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet at night.

The staff was very friendly and there is an afternoon pickup game of football close to the tennis courts.

The food is good, but if you want more of a local flavuor, go out into town.

The hotel has two pools and a poolside bar.

Wireless service is 80 Tala for 24 hours. I was slightly taken aback by this. But the staff was kind enough to extend the time until I used all 600 megs of data.

To compare, you can get a Digitel visitors sim card, with 2 gigs of data, for 60 Tala.

Other than the wireless, I was very comfortable here. Perhaps on my next visit, wireless service will be free with the room.

Yes, I will stay here again.

On a side note, the whole city is closed down on Sunday. One coffee shop and the McDonalds were the only places I could find that were open.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMTTH, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Talofa Penrath

As a business traveler we appreciate your comments on internet pricing, unfortunately access to fast and reliable internet is expensive in Samoa and I too look forward to the day it becomes more affordable for our guests. It is important that I mention that the alternatives that you have mentioned are limited to certain hotspots in the Apia area.
Never the less I shift my response to the football games that you refer to. This consists of our staff team that is currently leading the local competition and will train onsite till October. All guests are welcome to join in the training (All care but no responsibility taken) or welcome to attend the weekly matches around various grounds in Samoa.

We hope to welcome you again should you return to Samoa.

Jason and the Tanoa Tusitala team

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Centrally located in Apia, this hotel offers a good range of food options, swimming pool and small gym. Is it an easy stroll to the town centre and the staff were friendly and helpful.
Room rate doesn't include breakfast, but it is easy to either eat there or walk into the town for a decent and well priced meal

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JocelynMcG
GMTTH, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Talofa Jocelyn

We appreciate your favourable review, highlighting our amenities and proximity to town. You make mention of our recently introduced fitness center, that is proving popular with our guests. Whilst your room rate did not include breakfast we do have breakfast inclusive rates and meal packages should you be considering staying with us in future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Firstly, the good things about this hotel: the rooms are large, modern, clean, and in reasonably good order. The pool is nice, and the breakfast buffet selection is quite extensive compared to some hotels in Samoa.

The not so good: it was mostly the service that let the hotel down, unfortunately. We arrived at 2pm in the afternoon for a two night stay- we had booked our room earlier that week. Despite the hotel's "guaranteed 1pm check in" time, we were told that the room would not be ready till 7pm! We were given the use of another room for the afternoon, and in the end we were able to get into our room by 6pm, but we weren't particularly happy about the experience as we have a baby and at that time of night we're generally trying to get him ready for bed. The hotel staff did realise we were rather annoyed and did try to make amends by giving us a free lunch voucher for the day - although at 2pm this was a bit late.

Towels were also an issue - it took multiple calls to reception to get towels in our room replaced. I also asked at the bar for a pool towel, was told they would "be ready at 8.45am" - when I replied it was 8.45am already, the barman told me to go and ask at the laundry!

Noise from a local nightclub can be an issue in some rooms - I called reception to ask about the noise, thinking it was coming from the bar, but was told by a completely unsympathetic reception staffer that the noise was coming from the nightclub and there was nothing they could do about it.

The Tanoa could be a great hotel. They just really need to work on their service issues.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the 400s - close to nightclub.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Talofa Ana

As a prolific contributor on Trip Advisor, and in particular on Pacific destinations we take on your feedback with great interest and will use this as a training and learning tool here at our property. You have highlighted our need to consistently focus on the guest experience. Apart from your unacceptable check in experience we could have easily avoided the other negatives that impacted on your stay by applying fundamental service practices.
Thank you Anna, it is reviews like these that deliver home truths that we can grow from and ultimately improve ourselves as a team.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We chose to stay at this Hotel simply because Aggie Greys is being refurbished and although we were delighted with the cleanliness and layout of the hotel with its lovely clean rooms and bathroom etc. Our stay was made unpleasant by the renovations near the swiiming pool and so we could not have a swim and feel relaxed, or even have breakfast or lunch without the sound of a circular saw every few seconds throughout the day making it so unpleasant. I appreciate that renovations must be carried out from time to time and although the management apologised for inconvenience this is not enough and I feel that with such intrusive noise from the work guests should have been compensated.

Room Tip: Rooms excellent and clean and well serviced.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Talofa Iansnell

I'd like to offer my sincerest apologies for the impact that our renovations had on your stay, and whilst we were compensating our guests with meal vouchers and beverages, it appears we inadvertently overlooked you. Whilst this may not be reassuring after the fact please contact me at the hotel personally should you be planning to visit Samoa again.
Otherwise we do appreciate your positive comments and overall favourable rating.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just spent 7days at Tanoa staff were as friendly as they could be myself and sister were shocked at the behavior of a non samoan manager whilst having breakfast towards the lovely Ina and other staff.they were told off for talking to us how sad ... Managers from other islands need to be mindful of understanding the Samoan way and why tourist come to Samoa to experience it. Further issue was we were not informed by the hotel noise issues from a local nite club we couldnt sleep for the 4nites out of 7 we stayed. Management solution was people are complaining very poor, I travelled from WA and my sister from NZ. We have travelled to Samoa for the last 8years and would normally stay at Sinalei and Aggie Greys the Tanoa hotel is clean and beautifully appointed wouldn't stay again due to disrespectful behaviour to Samoan staff .

Room Tip: Never stay in room 307 music from surrounding nightclubs will not allow you to sleep
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Yolinda S
GMTTH, General Manager at Tanoa Tusitala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Talofa Yolinda

As General Manager, and a guest in Samoa, I too am disappointed to read your concerns. As most of the below reviews highlight our staff are definitely what make the guest experience complete. In addition, it should be pointed out that our companies ethos focuses on providing a fun and friendly environment for our staff. As such I am confident in assuring you that, whilst unacceptable, you must have experienced an isolated incident. I will ,however, follow this up with my team as we always encourage guest interaction.

There are indeed several restaurants in close proximity to the hotel and one night club more than two blocks away. Its rare that we receive complaints regarding this matter but I would have liked the opportunity to discuss this and other concerns with you whilst on property.

As you have pointed out you return to Samoa regularly please do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit.

Jason and the Tanoa Tusitala team