“Excellent steak and lobster”

Kokobanana Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 71 Restaurants in Apia
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kokobanana bar & grill is located 5mins from Apia on the cross island road behind the Curry House & Zodiac. Open 6 days a week for dinner from 5pm - 10pm & 11am - 2pm for lunch from Wednesday - Friday. Enjoy the best steaks on island or a mouth watering Lobster Mornay while sipping on one of our many exotic cocktails. For reservations call 26880.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent steak and lobster”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had the steak and lobster dish, and it was unexpectedly huge. A massive sirloin steak from NZ, and a whole cray with veggies on a separate plate for only $70 Tala. Best meal I had in Samoa. Good service too.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AAandARTravellers

Auckland
“Got overcharged but other wise ok”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

About 2 weeks ago we had dinner with 2 local friends at your establishment. Hidden behind an Indian restaurant high up in Vailima hard to find but well worth finding. My wife and I we both had Clam Chowder A1. As a main my wife I think had Pasta dish and I had a chef special. Our friends I think had a delicious stake menu. All the food I felt was as nicely presented and tasted as good as in any good restaurant in Auckland for about half the price. The only item I found overpriced the bottled wine! I was even charged for 2 glasses of wine I never had. However I was promised that they will refund me the amount!!! Despite this mistake we hope to have another dinner at your lovely restaurant, this time without the mosquitos.

• Visited November 2013
Newcastle, Australia
“Steak and Lobster - Wow”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hidden behind an Indian restaurant on the Cross Island Road, just before you get to the Robert Louis Stevenson museum, is one of the best steak and seafood restaurants I have ever come across. Prices are average but the portion sizes are huge. The steak and lobster combo cost around $40 AU but the steak hung over the side of the plate and three half lobsters had their own dishes. Outlook is great, views out over the reef from high on the hill. Staff are wonderfully attentive and nothing is too much trouble. I ended up here several times during my working visit to Apia and each time was a wonderful experience.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Boo4589
“Best steak & Lobster on the Island.”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It is a 15 minute drive to kokobanana from where i stay, i still dont care how far they are. The atmosphere is nice, friendly staff with the best service. Afioga shes an excellent staff & so as the guy sorry i couldnt get his name. We always have sashimi for entree then we have our main course. My steak was well cooked as what i want we didnt wait have to wait long which is excellent! Lobster is always fresh & taste yummy! Well done Kokobaba. I have also recommend your restaurant to the guest in the hotel i work (Tanoa Tusitala) they come back with a very good feed back & they love the food esp the steak. Very happy guests. I did continually point out your restaurant to the guests of the hotel. So thank you Kokobanana i will always come here for a steak & Lobster.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Diana G
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Thank you KokoBanana”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We held my father's 70th birthday at Kokobanana on 5th October 2013. It was the best decision I ever made considering the dramas I went through for a whole year trying to plan it with other venues. I am a very fussy person when it comes to family occassions and I had my doubts about holding it in Samoa but I couldn't have picked a better venue to have my dad's birthday. The venue was perfect, the service was impeccable and the family who run Kokobanana were absolutely amazing and met all our needs. They even did extra things for us at no extra cost. I'm very hands on when it comes to family functions that I didn't know what to do, there was nothing for me to do Kokobanana had everything under control I was absolutely blown away.
Now for the food on the day.... WOW!!!!!! Our guests were gobsmacked at the food, from apetizers to the main food on the round dome plates, lots of food on that one plate... Again extras provided at no extra cost.
The food was absolutely devine that our guests were talking about it for days after the event. What was even more amazing was the cost of our whole function. We definitely got a lot more than what we paid for. Every single person at our Dad's birthday even the children enjoyed every moment of it and the best of all was that our Father had such a wonderful time that he told everyone he will never forget this day. The atmosphere was just perfect, I am almost speechless.
If you are ever looking for a venue for a special occassion and you want your moneys worth, KokoBanana is definitely the place.
Thank you Jay and staff for a wonderful day, we will never forget this wonderful occassion and we will definitely be back.
Fa'afetai Lava

• Visited October 2013

Been to Kokobanana Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!