“Large variety of steaks”

Kokobanana Bar & Grill
Ranked #9 of 75 Restaurants in Apia
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kokobanana bar & grill is located 5mins from Apia on the cross island road behind the Curry House & Zodiac. Open 6 days a week for dinner from 5pm - 10pm & 11am - 2pm for lunch from Wednesday - Friday. Enjoy the best steaks on island or a mouth watering Lobster Mornay while sipping on one of our many exotic cocktails. For reservations call 26880.
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I've never seen a restaurant with so many steak options and at different price points. It looked a little daunting but come with a group of people and each choose a different steak and share.

The burger I got was good and the atmosphere is quite family-oriented.

The signage for the restaurant needs to be right next to the driveway as you can get a little lost finding the place and the structure of the restaurant needs to be/feel a little more solid as it looks like it could collapse if there was a mini earthquake.

Overall, I reasonably priced restaurant with nice tasty food and a large variety of steaks.

2  Thank Enelenz

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

A MUST VISIT IF YOU WANT QUALITY FOOD, DRINK AND SERVICE!!!

I was blown away by the first hand customer service of the staff members when we arrived.

Started off with cocktails and I have to admit it has to be one of the best cocktails I've ever had. The classic and raspberry margaritas were mouthwatering and the mojito!! It was fresh and beautiful.

Appetisers especially the nachos made from scratch were too good to be true. Egg plant was def tasty and the coconut shrimps!!!

Friday night special which comes with either sirloin steak or grilled fish was AMAZING!! I was full but still wanted to finish my food!! I had the steak and I have to say you can feel the love in the food!!

By the end of the night I was deeply satisfied and felt that I was ready for a good nights sleep.

Thank you for a great service and making us enjoy our experience at Kokobanana :)

1  Thank Fatima L
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We had the steak and lobster dish, and it was unexpectedly huge. A massive sirloin steak from NZ, and a whole cray with veggies on a separate plate for only $70 Tala. Best meal I had in Samoa. Good service too.

1  Thank AAandARTravellers
Reviewed 24 November 2013

About 2 weeks ago we had dinner with 2 local friends at your establishment. Hidden behind an Indian restaurant high up in Vailima hard to find but well worth finding. My wife and I we both had Clam Chowder A1. As a main my wife I think had Pasta dish and I had a chef special. Our friends I think had a delicious stake menu. All the food I felt was as nicely presented and tasted as good as in any good restaurant in Auckland for about half the price. The only item I found overpriced the bottled wine! I was even charged for 2 glasses of wine I never had. However I was promised that they will refund me the amount!!! Despite this mistake we hope to have another dinner at your lovely restaurant, this time without the mosquitos.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Hidden behind an Indian restaurant on the Cross Island Road, just before you get to the Robert Louis Stevenson museum, is one of the best steak and seafood restaurants I have ever come across. Prices are average but the portion sizes are huge. The steak and lobster combo cost around $40 AU but the steak hung over the side of the plate and three half lobsters had their own dishes. Outlook is great, views out over the reef from high on the hill. Staff are wonderfully attentive and nothing is too much trouble. I ended up here several times during my working visit to Apia and each time was a wonderful experience.

1  Thank Boo4589