“Beautiful Lynn's Get Away - true Samoan Hospitality of old.”

Lynn's Getaway Hotel
Ranked #1 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2011

I literally wandered up the drive whilst on a phone call and was charmed up the path, past the lovely pool setting,in through the front doors,immediately shown a room (lovely!),then
given details of rates/breakfast/keys etc.All very easy,unintimidating and with the simple hospitality that I think is from the olden days of Samoa.
Lynn's Getaway is a true home away from home.Anyone coming over to visit Samoa, I totally recommend it.For those of you (like myself) who live in Samoa and need a wee break-do it!The house itself is stunning.Open,airy,authentic and natural.I felt like I was in a completely different place.Lovely winding staircase-I loved the rooms-I slept like a baby-I swam and relaxed in the pool-I ate myself silly at breakfast that had no time limit! A wonderful birthday treat :)
Needless to say I will be back.Thanks Lynn!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fiflow
Lynn N, Manager at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I never write reviews, but I will give it a go. I am actually not sure how I can do Lynn´s Getaway justice with a few lines. Finding the right words is also difficult. Let´s give it a few tries:

a) It´s a bit like visting someone, where there is no "briefing" folder or breakfast/dinner menu. It´s a family buisness, and the team is a lovely bunch who get out of your way to be of help in a variety of ways. And there are no "extras" that get added to the bill. I loved it when at return my first evening they told me to help me to fruits in the kitchen and added that it looked like I needed space to work, so they replaced the spare bed with a small desk.

b) Actually, it is maybe rather like having your own home. I loved relaxing outside at one of two big shared balconies. Sitting outside with colleagues (staying at upmarket hotel downtown), offering drinks and treats from next door supermarket, enjoying the view and chatting a way, I felt like at home (literarily).

c) Being up the hill, 5 mins drive/ 20-30mins walk from centre of town, creates the feeling of being a part of a community and not in an anonmous CBD hotel. A few restaurants in the neighbourhood, supermarket next door, DVD rental across the street, taxi stand on the corner, add to that feeling.

d) The aircon is so silent you dont really know its on except for the fact that the room has miraculously a very comfortable temperature !

e) If you are expecting a fancy hotel in the center of town, with room service, minibar, hairdryer and what have you, this is not it. They will though probably help you to sort things out (point you out the taxi rank, give you a tray for your plate, point you towards the supermarket, and lending you briefly aunties hairdrier) and anything else to make your stay pleasant :-)

I will definetly stay there again next time around. Fa´afetai. Vinaka vakalevu

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank HB_Suva
Lynn N, Owner at Lynn's Getaway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was my first visit to Samoa for holiday and I was there for a week with my partner. Choosing Lynn’s Gateway to stay during our holidays was the right choice. We can have all the basic facilities for a comfortable stay. The house is clean, aerated and plenty of lounging areas inside and out. You can have your own privacy, quite peaceful and homey. Room with air condition, TV, fridge, clean bathroom with a hot shower, tea and coffee set and most of all a comfortable queen size bed to lay-on. The place is quite romantic too.

I really like the view of the nearby forested hill from the upstairs balcony, so beautiful and relaxing. Breakfast is included and you can choose what you want and will be cooked and prepared when you order it. To add on, the availability of fresh fruits are always there for your need. The staffs were so welcoming and attentive to the need of guest. We were very pleased…thank you so much!

We enjoyed our trail up to Stevenson's tomb monument on Mount Vaea. There's a spectacular view from up there and just very near to Lynn’s Gateway. After a tiring hike, at the hotel a big clean swimming pool was there to cool down and relax us at the end of the day. We also enjoyed our trips to Lalomanu beach which was quite far from the hotel but Karl was always helpful and willing to get us there.

The location of Lynn’s hotel is perfect, just a few minutes to town, grocery store next to it and to top it off, it’s next to the hospital. You can get taxi easily too, well, the accessibility is there. We highly recommend this hotel to everyone from solo traveler, business, couple or even those on a family trip.

We had a lovely time and i enjoyed our staying in this hotel. Thanks for making our holiday a memorable one and will surely stay here again for the next visit. Fa’afetai lava!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Bev_lynC

Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have stayed twice at Lynn's Getaway and have enjoyed my stay both times. It has a quite environment to relax, is close to where I worked most (hospital), has a convenient store right beside to grab snacks, etc and close to places to eat as well. The breakfast is always lovely and comes with friendly greetings and lovely smiles. I was also lucky to be called to enjoy some fine dinner prepared for the family. Definitely going back there for my next visit!

2  Thank Sujita N

Reviewed 26 November 2011

I never write reviews, but Lynns certainly deserves it. I have stayed here now several times and will yet again make this my "home" in January. I just love the way how everybody is so uncomplicated, helpful and cheerful. I was spoiled rotten during my last trip with wonderful breakfast and even more lovely dinners. There is no menu, no "one size fits all", but Lynn and her family and staff treat you like a special family friend. If you come back (I nearly wrote "home") in the evening and you are too tired to go out or cook yourself, somebody sure will be there to hussle up a meal for you - and not only some meal but SOME meal - I was served anything from fresh oka to wonderfully marinated pork (on top of it, Lynn even went to get a cookbook with pork recipies to be conjure up a tantalizingly spiced dish just to make something extra special for me). One evening it was fresh caught rock lobster - heavenly!!!

The location is simply perfect - and I love being able to just stroll down the hill to Malifa, where I work. Many thanks to everybody, Lynn, Karl, Emily, Pina and Tata - I am looking forward to seeing all soon again!

2  Thank Carmen S

Reviewed 22 November 2011

The initial consideration that I had when I chose Lyn’s getaway (as recommended by a colleague) was it was near the hospital as I need to do some work with the Ministry of Health.
While this seemed easy enough to accomplish, I did not think of anything else but just to ensure 3 meals a day, AC, hot shower and an internet connection and my 6 days in Apia would be very good.
Lyn’s has these amenities and what makes it a surprise is that the level of service they bring into it.
When I arrived at Lyn’s, I thought “oh it’s a house” but that’ s it. Upon meeting Lyn, you would feel that she will take care of you and she made sure that I can get settled in at once, showed me my room and gave me a carton of milk.
The room is acceptably spacious which was re-modeled to fit in a bathroom (yes with hot water) and the AC is good, split type model and a good internet connection (you have to request explicit instructions how to log it off properly because the service is by the minute). The staff cleans your room everyday and changes your sheets too and you are provided with clean towels everyday. You have your own refrigerator, coffee maker and TV.
There is a lot of space to move about in Lyn’s. If you fancy a swim they have a pool or if you want to read a book they have a terrace where you can lounge overlooking a mountain or just inside the house where the second floor can offer you good seats.
Lyn’s rates comes with free breakfast and it will be cooked when you order it. Just ask the staff what you want and they will do it, so breakfast is not the same cornflakes, toast and eggs everyday. I had in separate occasions had sausages, sliced beef, beef stew and always with jam, bread, eggs, coffee. The staff are very accommodating and friendly and will attend to you almost at once.
Also, one of the good things about staying at Lyn’s is its accessibility.
There is a grocery store next door so you can buy water, some of your comfort food and drinks and some clothes if you need to.
There is also a canteen next door that serves home style food during the day.
There is also an ANZ ATM just outside Lyn’s.
The hospital is just a five minute walk away and in front of the hospital you can see more shops to buy grocery items or to exchange currencies (I had a good rate for my French Pacific Francs from the currency exchange there). The highway where the hospital is contains bus and taxi stands so you can go downtown for more looking around in Apia.
If you are on a holiday and want the best of country living, Lyn’s is the best place and I will always be my choice if staying in Samoa.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mojoer

Thanks heaps for the review.

Reviewed 20 November 2011

I have stayed regularly at this guest house over the last two years. Firstly, the airport shuttle always turns up, and that is a major plus given the times that planes arrive. The guesthouse is spacious and clean, and has a wonderful balcony overlooking the hills. Its a good place to work (if that is your need). The shop next door is also great, and its a short walk to some good restaurants. The included breakfast is excellent, and the staff are friendly and efficient. I have to say, this is the only place that I have stayed in Samoa, but I guess that is because for me it ticks the right box's

1  Thank PaulD361

Thanks for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Taufua Beach Fales
Taufua Beach Fales
#1 of 2 in Lalomanu

Been to Lynn's Getaway Hotel? Share your experiences!