“Could be better....”
Review of Vaiula Beach Fale

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Apia
Vaiula Beach Fale
Ranked #9 of 25 Speciality Lodging in Apia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was here in March 2014 for a weekend away....I didn't end up spending the night. The houses definitely need fixing up, but the sea and beach was great! The food they offer needs a lot of improvement and I was extremely disappointed, especially since it was expensive. I've had better home cooked meals. It has a lot of potential and it just needs some love....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Honestly, I cannot speak highly enough of my experience in Vaiula! Dave, Nugg and Vessi made us (I went with my girlfriend Denika) so welcome we honestly didn't want to leave. We were provided the most amazing traditional meals that you could tell were made with exceptional care, where Dave would sit and talk to us, which we found extremely informative, due to his intimate knowledge of the area and the experiences he has been through. For a place that was ravaged by the tsunami you wouldn't know it, for all the fales were lovely and Nuggs bar (which I must say I spent a bit of time in ha ha) was equal to any bar I've ever had the pleasure of enjoying a beer in. Nugg was very informative about the surrounding waves and even helped me score waves in Savaii when I had missed out at Vaiula ( although he had a few secret spots up his sleeve, but I'll leave that up to him to share) and as a person, he is an absolute champion, and had us entertained for hours with his stories of his own adventures. Vessi also was so helpful and such a cheery character that he made us feel right at home. I honestly cannot praise this place enough. I'm not a religious person, but if there is a heaven, I am pretty sure this is it.
And if you go, give Tipi (the dog) a pat for me!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Vaiula was an amazing place to stay. We arrived on Chistmas day and Dave and his family made us feel welcome right away. The meals are amazing home cooked traditional Samoan meals made with local ingredients, mostly from his garden. Dave took us fishing one day and for dinner we got to eat our catch! Beach is beautiful and sleeping right by the crashing waves is perfect. Thank you so much Dave! Hope to see you again soon :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tmadrob
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a sensational few days at Vaiula! Such a great location with plenty to do. Snorkeling, surfing, fishing with Dave, a trip to the Island with Nugg.. Dave is a great host, nothing was too much to ask. He happily ran us up to the shops each day for supplies and put on some amazing meals for breakfast and dinner. Nugg's is an absolute champion and his waterfront bar is something you wont forget in a hurry. Our few days at Vaiula were hands down the best of our time in Samoa. Would certainly go back again, perhaps for a few weeks rather than a few days!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank josh l
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had an amazing holiday at Vaiula! Dave and his family and Nugg were extremely welcoming and helpful and went above and beyond to ensure we had an incredible time. Dave took us out fishing and Nugg took us to a super cool isolated island so we go camping for a night. All-in-all, this was one of best holidays because of the Vaiula people. We hope to be back very soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan A
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at Vailua fales for a week, the service was amazing, the location was amazing and the food was amazing but it was the people that were the best. Dave took us fishing and nugg took us to a deserted island which was super cool. Can't wait to come back. X Dan and V

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Our family spent two weeks at this secluded beach fale resort. It is Avery relaxed and family run affair owned by Dave,the renowned Samoan fisher on the south coast. The food is great. The beach is delightful and you can wander off in either direction for complete isolation. Not a fancy resort. The bar and surf trips are run by an expat Aussie named Nugg who hosts the perfect South Pacific sundowners with the visiting surfers. Boat trips to a deserted island is a must. The surf is a quick left hander out in front of this island. For a cheap, beach side and quiet few days beside a coral lagoon, this is the place on the south coast of ulopo. Thanks rob, Jane Kalani josh ke'ala

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Sa'Moana Beach Bungalows
Sheraton Samoa Aggie Grey's Hotel & Bungalows
Taumeasina Island Resort
Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Le Manumea Hotel
Le Manumea Hotel
#9 of 29 in Apia

Been to Vaiula Beach Fale? Share your experiences!