“Affordable, convenient and comfortable”

Samoan Outrigger Hotel
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Apia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed for a week and had an amazing time in Samoa. The staff were available 24 hours a day, very hospitable and friendly! It was lovely to have a chat with them any time of the day as they were very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and nice and cool at night. The staff helped us out a lot with planning our trips, telling us about the local history and how to get around the island.Every morning we got up to a beautiful breakfast of fresh fruit and pancakes, it was definitely worth getting up early for!! The pool was nice to cool off in and we enjoyed the hammock outside on the warmer nights. Would definitely stay here again, great value for money!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NZWahine2014

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed at Outrigger Hotel for 3 weeks and loved every moment. From the moment you walk in, the staff are so friendly and helpful. The hotel has a wonderful entrance hall with a pool table and sitting area- both of which was used a lot.
The rooms are spacious and cleaned every morning. Outrigger has a lovely large outdoor pool which is great in the hot weather- lovely to take a refreshing dip!
Breakfast is included in the mornings - the pancakes are delicious!!
I would love to go back to Samoa and I would definitely stay at Outrigger again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank scarletnaz
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Thankyou so much to everyone at outriggers. 6 of us stayed for our medical elective and had a really amazing time. We met other students at the hospital staying at other hotels and we'd definitely choose this one again. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and put on a beautiful culture show at the end to say goodbye. The owner was especially kind to us and we had a lot of fun with him and his family. The hotel is located slightly up the mountain from the main town, so has much wanted cooler fresh air and is so easy to get into town. There is a supermarket around the corner. Also just down the road from Robinson-Crusoe's mansion, and around the corner from the main hospital which was great for our medical placement. The rooms were cleaned everyday, and breakfast each day had various fresh fruit, pancakes, toast and fruit salads. All in all, an amazing stay, really good value, will definitely stay here again next time we come to Samoa. Much love to all at outriggers. Sam

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sam875
SamoanOutriggerHotel, Owner at Samoan Outrigger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Talofa Scarlet and Sam,

Thank you very much for you kind feed back. It was great having you here and a real pleasure getting to know you. The kids really enjoyed the trips with you guys. I wish you all the best in the future and hopefully we will see you back in Samoa one day.

Once again thank you all.

Regards

Claus Hermansen
The Samoan Outrigger Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked in for 8 days in Dec 2013 for the first part of our 6 week holiday and we didn't know what to expect. With a family of 5 its not easy to keep everyone entertained. We had the large family room with an ensuite, it was so spacious :-) We spent a lot of time around the pool and in the evenings the kids could chill, watch tv or play pool in the front . The staff were always friendly & helpful. The gardens, grounds & pool were kept beautifully and we enjoyed hanging out there. It is so central to Apia city & all our fav eating places. We got to experience the culture show that the staff put on for us....fantastic. We also hired our car for a great price from Outriggers which made it easier to get to and from places when needed. We were sad to leave after the 8 days.
BUT when the rainy season hit after New Years (Jan 2014), we decided to go back for our last 5 days of our holiday. The 2nd time we booked two rooms - one triple room (3 single beds) and a air conditioned room with ensuite. Yay to the air con room...cool and refreshing and well worth it. Thank you to Klause and the crew for making our stay a wonderful experience. I can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The air con rooms below were the bomb for a couple. And when it was hot, having one of these rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ruth M

Talofa lava Ruth,

Thank you so much for your feed back. It was really nice having you and your wonderful family here. I hope that we will see you again next year. All the best.

Regards

Claus Hermansen

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I booked at the Samoan Outrigger for our first 2 nights in Samoa, and based it on reviews I had read. And I am so glad I did!!! We are a family of 5, and although check in was at 2pm, we turned up around 11am after an overnight flight from Australia, and it was raining. We didn't even have to ask if we could check in early, they just offered it to us. All 5 of us stayed in one HUGE room in the main building, with an ensuite (which I wasn't expecting - bonus!). The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms were spotless, the breakfast was fantastic. We would certainly stay there again, couldn't fault it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Since 2009 (when I wrote my last comment) I stayed at the Samoan Outrigger again in May/June 2011 and again in August/September 2013. As you might guess it IS my favourite hotel in my favourite island in this beautiful island country. I think I will go there (where else) this year and every other year and time when I will get to Samoa again.
Oh yes, I DID stay in other hotels in Apia when I had to (because the Outrigger unfortunately has been booked then) so I really KNOW what I've found and I CAN ONLY RECOMMEND IT! If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them!
A new feature is the culture show, where staff ofthe hotel are presenting and explaining Samoan culture: singing, dancing, Kava ceremony, basket weaving, sarong, coconut picking, opening, processing and tasting and the like. And all this is done by the kind, skilled, cheerful and beautiful staff and performed upon request by the hotel guests - up to 2 or 3 times a week! So please ask them kindly - you will enjoy it!

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms without AC (and I had all of them) or the fales.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank LWaelder
SamoanOutriggerHotel, Owner at Samoan Outrigger Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Talofa Ludwig,

Thank you very much for your nice review. Its almost 20 years ago since the Samoan Outrigger Hotel opened its doors and one really special experience is when guests are coming back to stay with us. Some guests like yourself have been coming back for a yearly visit for many years now. We will look forward seeing you again in 2014. Faafetai Tele lava.

Kind regards

Management and staff
The Samoan Outrigger Hotel

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The staff is what makes this place so fantastic. Very friendly and helpful. The good news is that this property is now smack in the middle of Apia, which is good. But it does mean a 15 minute walk or 5Tala cab into town.

But there's almost no reason to go into town ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apia
Tanoa Tusitala Hotel
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Taumeasina Island Resort

Been to Samoan Outrigger Hotel? Share your experiences!