“thank you.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Apia
Suva, Fiji
“thank you.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

just wanted to comment on the efficient services offered by the staff, well done!. Always tried to help on any issues and problems the hotel guest come up with. A special thanks extended to the sales and reservation team in allowing us to use your office facilities, although we were not all staying in your hotel. We realized your hotel does not only cater for leisure, however, for business customers as well in terms of meetings which is quite appropriate for our visit.
Many thanks and keep smiling.

Rudee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DSingh1420

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

As an older woman travelling alone I found the staff so helpful and friendly. Although I have had many years experiance of travel I was new to the Pacific and I appreciated the caring attitude of the staff in making arrangements for visits and excursions especially to Vailima the home of Robert Louis Stevenson.
The food was good and the room large and clean.

Pauline

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our school group of 54 stayed here for 3 nights. I liked this hotel because it suited our group (we travelled with lots of families), so the laundry was the best part about it - affordable and accessible. It is $6WST to wash and $6WST to dry. There is a lady who works in the laundry room and she was really helpful. The front desk staff are polite and are on 24 hours. Rooms are spacious and clean. Air conditioning and ceiling fans are in the rooms, and airconditioning is icy cold. Breakfast is included and there are alot of options, although at times the staff were a bit slow to bring out cutlery and butter - even after asking them twice. The water level in the toilet is a little higher than usual, but this is normal in all rooms. They even provided a space for our group to have dinner which was by the pool, and even helped serve our dinner on the first night. Overall a great place to stay with large groups and not that far from Apia town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Friendly, helpful and respectful staff always smiling and willing to assist. Breakfast each morning was of a good quality, as good as anywhere else I have eaten. Most evenings I ate at the hotel because it was a bit out of the way, and I found the evening meal to be great. The servings were quite large and more than adequate. The choices weren't huge but that is to be expected. Apia is very expensive for foodstuffs in the supermarkets so I was more than happy to eat at the hotel.

Don't miss out on visiting the Robert Louis Stevenson Museum, not far from the hotel but an uphill walk..... walking back down was a much easier walk. A beautiful home and well maintained.
A day trip around the island was also another great trip. The scenery is magnificent.

I would definitely recommend the hotel because of the location and staff.

Room Tip: All of the rooms as far as I could tell are of the same quality. Because the hotel is a bit out of...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Rotorua, NZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I am writing in respect to the Review titled " Your stuff will get STOLEN ". This review has been written as if from myself BUT I would like to clarify it was not me. My mother's phone did go missing however it has since been found in the lining of her suitcase on our return to NZ. My parents have also since contacted Insel to apologise for the inconvenience and no doubt hurt caused to the maid concerned.
While I was intially disappointed in the ' averageness ' of Insel when we arrived, I came to realise that this is Samoa people and in comparison to other places and especially the price you pay, Insel really is good value for money. And as for the staff, I cannot complement them enough. They were friendly and very accommodating.
The pool was fantastic. The food was what you would expect and our breakfast was free as part of our accommodation.
All in all, as a place to come back to from your day out and even as a place to stay inside and enjoy the air conditioning, you really cannot complain.
Thank you Insel and please accept my apologies for my niece's inaccurate and misleading review (we have since asked her to remove it) and also pass my thanks to your staff for being such lovely friendly people.
Jo Kapua (Rotorua, NZ)

Room Tip: The view from our room was good, 2nd floor. Presume that ground floor wouldn't have such a grea...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wellington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in Apia in September but have to say that the Insel Fehmarn is in need of refurbishment. Insel is a three storey concrete structure that is quite prison like to look at. The rooms are old and very dated but clean and some rooms have a view out to sea. Was not impressed with the restaurant. The food choices are limited and often not available. Males don't use the pool side toilet\shower facilities. They are truely disgusting but the woman's facilities were fine. The front of office staff were warm, friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris H
Pago Pago, American Samoa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We will call Insel Fehmarn Hotel our Apia home. Great service, awesome breakfast every morning and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool is always refreshing at Insel. I felt the price was reasonable. Everyone from the front desk, bell hops to the housekeepers and restaurant staff were very helpful and always smiling making one feel welcomed and special. I hope they keep up the good attitude, it really says a lot about how great their hotel really is.

• Stayed October 2013