“Ants in the ice”

Ranked #12 of 84 Restaurants in Apia
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: International, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Description: The Edge Cocktail Lounge, the Mixology bar offers you many options with a beautiful view of the sea and Apia....Lunch time with deckside views of the Marina, under cover of the roof deck and a wide selection of pupu (small and medium size dishes) We also offer our new style Glass Lounge - fully air con, crafted cocktails, comfort seating and the view of the Marina. If you have not try our number one dish - Nachos, then you are missing out! After work - it is happy hour everyday from 4.30 - 6.30pm. Beers, spirits and cocktail specials. Our beer bar offers pool, 55inc TV for special sports events and more At night - The Edge Cocktail Lounge moves to party mode with range of DJ's to dance the night through - It is the place to be!
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Terrible, a lot of the drinks are made with homemade ice and I have a very sensitive tummy. So when I saw ants in my ice I asked them to replace my drink, they bought the drink back and there were more ants in my ice so I asked for a refund and they said they couldn't refund so I told them to give my friend some more free wine and they said they couldn't. So I insisted that they either give my friend free wine or give me a refund...they went for the cheaper option which was a glass of wine at $10 whereas my drink was $30!

Darryl-Savili, Owner at The Edge Marina View, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hi Gina,

I know this did not happen at our Bar. We do not have wine at $10 or $30 tala and also our ice is not homemade, it is delivered to us from the main Samoan company. I believe you have mistaken the place with any location or this is a false misleading report.

I am very happy to work with real situations as we strive to make people's experience at The Edge Cocktail Lounge relaxing and value for money.

This is a major problem with Trip Advisor as it not a well manage Internet reviewer site.

If this is a mistake or a false report, it should be removed. I did ask all our managers and no one remember this situation. I will be in contact with the Manager of Trip Advisor to solve this misleading report.

Owner of The Edge Cocktail Lounge - Darryl Scott

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I love coming here on friday afternoons for an after work drink. Watching the sun set over the harbour is beauitful whilst drinking a 'tilda' and eating the $10WST nachos...! Some of my favourite times! If visiting here, i would recommend paying for everything as you order, quite often unexpected items end up on your bill at the end of the night if you dont.

Darryl-Savili, Owner at The Edge Marina View, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you MeganB8 for clearing your statement through your email, your statement:
"If visiting here, i would recommend paying for everything as you order, quite often unexpected items end up on your bill at the end of the night if you dont."

After I contact you, you did state or believed it was our new system that was adding unexpected items to your bill, not the staff. You also stated that we allow you to spit the bill, which many places do not allow this practice, especially within a very busy Friday night service - but we do.

We are here to solve problems: After emailing you for more information: we have-
All of our staff have just complete two days of training, we had the system developer look at the system, internet connect moved for better coverage and we have also agree to read back all orders before sending it to the bar. All the staff and management are concerned with the feedback. We also will print out the receipt for you to read before any payments has been made, if there is a mistake, we will fix it - right there before you leave.

People do not need to make payment on each drink, we do allow you to spit the bill, and you have ever opportunity to check the bill. It sounds like you never left with an incorrect payment.

We will read ever order back to you, print a receipt before any money is exchange and make sure you leave with the correct payment. We would like to solve any issue by acting on any feedback straight away. I sorry you could not give me any Dates or which Staff names who were serving you. You did state it is Friday night.

It would have been great for this information to be given to us face to face to our manager or the owners sooner. However, you been down many times and not said anything. It's too bad you could not have help us to improve our service sooner as you like everything else. But you choose the Internet, which lucky I want to ensure nobody was charging you more than you should pay. We are very happy to assist you at the bar - instant feedback and we would have solve this problem of yours - trip advisor does not really solve it as I had to seek a lot more information from your statement.

Thank you for your statement and helping us solve this issue. I hope you are able to speak up when the issue is there next time so you can help the staff, the business owner, the country with developing it's tourism and to assist to change the practice for the improvement of the overall services. Thanks

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We had lunch here on our first day and it was very tasty.
Lovely spot on the marina and you can watch the fish swimming around in the water.

Darryl-Savili, Owner at The Edge Marina View, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for your review and we look forward to your return to Samoa and the bar

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The view from the deck was lovely especially with the sun going down over the water. Lots of choices in cocktails and the ones we tried were amazing. The tapas were very tasty especially the mexican meatballs and the tiny trio tropical burgers. Our waiter, Sa, was very friendly and helpful and even went and got a taxi for us on our first night there.

Thank you for the review and look forward when you return to Samoa

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Located on the Marina you get a lot of yachties, boaties and cruisers around for a beer. Great spot.

Darryl-Savili, Owner at The Edge Marina View, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

I am glad it is a place for the boaties to hang out at the Marina. We look forward upon your return.

Been to The Edge Marina View? Share your experiences!