Great location - the beach at Lalomanu really is quite lovely. The coral is regenerating after the area was devastated by the Tsunami in 2009 so the snorkelling is not amazing, but it is pretty nice. There are dogs further down the beach in front of the other resorts, but they didn't seem to come up to Litia Sini if you're worried about that. Although they do have a resort cat that hangs around. Unfortunately you have to hire kayaks at $20Tala/hour.
This is a family-run resort with family and local villagers as staff. The staff were lovely - especially Soli and Maddy. Sometimes the staff children were a little bit annoying (knocking balls when you're trying to play pool etc, interfering with the fiafia night) and they seemed to never be told off, but they did add charm some of the time! The resort did seem to favour children and most guests were families so this would be great for families.
They did advertise tours but they didn't seem too frequent so I would recommend hiring a car for your duration so that you have the opportunity to go and explore other areas (eg. To Sua Ocean Trench, Namua Island, nearby waterfalls etc).
We stayed in a beachfront fale which was basic but lovely. It's enclosed, had a double bed with two singles, plenty of louvre windows, no aircon but a fan and a mosquito net. We were able to sleep without getting too hot. The bed was comfortable. The little balcony with small table and chairs gave us our own private views over the beach.
The toilets and showers are shared. Toilets always clean. Shower pressure was pretty average and showers are cold but with the temperatures so warm, it wasn't really a problem!
Dinner and breakfast are included. The food was very basic and I have to be honest, pretty average. There are lots of choices and child-friendly options but it was often a bit bland. It was a good mix of local and 'Western-style' food (eg. pizza or spag bol offered alongside sushimi or coconut fish) and always lots of fresh tropical fruit (yum!). The daily soup was always good.
Bar service was excellent with a great range of cocktails and mocktails. Darts, pool, cards and a small library were all nice touches. There's also a small gift shop too. Internet was available on a computer but no wifi.
They keep the place clean. Your room is cleaned daily and they seemed to be forever sweeping out the dining/bar fale. Bowls of water outside rooms and toilets were a nice touch to clean sand from feet before entering.
I was extremely disappointed in the fia fia night. We'd been to one at another resort and it was fantastic. Litia Sini's however, was not. With just four men and two women - most were teenagers who didn't really look like they wanted to be there and laughed mockingly throughout the performance. They didn't take it seriously at all. They played one or two songs with a guitar and traditional drums but then the rest was music and singing played through a laptop and huge speaker system. They did stay on afterwards and play western pop music and hits for about an hour afterwards (a disco I guess) which many enjoyed... but if you would like to see a traditional Samoan fia fia performance then I definitely DO NOT recommend theirs.
Overall, I'd recommend this resort as a 'step up' from simple beach fale resorts and a nice friendly place to stay, but don't expect a 4 or 5 star resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Litia Sini Beach Resort (fales) are located on the South Coast of Upolu Island where the white sand beach and lagoon in Lalomanu village really does look like the travel brochure. Litia's beach is most popular for snorkeling, scuba diving and other water activities in the clear blue waters of Lalomanu. The natural beauty of ocean views and swaying palms makes Litia's beach resort a paradise to relax and re-energize the tired mind and body. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Litia Sini Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Litia Sini Beach Hotel Apia
- Litia Sini Beach Lalomanu
- Litia Sini Beach Resort Samoa/Apia