Tatiana Motel - Fugalei
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We had a deluxe room for two nights at the beginning of our trip arriving at 2am. Found the room to be simple but very clean, accurately desrcibed on the website for budget accommodation. Double bed, fan, aircon, clean toilet, shower and with a little balcony, no grand views, but entertaining watching traffic coming and going and view of the mountains around Apia.

Breakfast was basic but adequate, cereal, fruit & toast with jam (and NZ butter).

This place really suited our needs as a first stop in Apia to get our bearings, visit the local market just down the road, short walk to town centre (and visitor centre) and supermarket near by for water & good priced beer!

Staff super friendly & helpful. Nice little Indian restaurant 2 mins walk with other options close by as well.

We enjoyed our stay, good value for money and we found the deluxe room to be well priced. We would stay again with our hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 204Sunseeker
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We got into Apia quite late and were a bit disappointed with the location of the motel. However, the staff was super friendly - we had air conditioning and a balcony....that did look onto a barbed wire fence. The room was basic and included a TV and bathroom for a mere 49 Tala. Definitely very outdated - leading one to wonder what the motel would have looked like when it was first built. The location is definitely not ideal if you are wanting beaches (but neither is anywhere you stay in Apia) - however, a walk down the road takes you to the main street of the city and there is a fruit market in close proximity.

Across the street and a little ways down is a lovely cafe called E&T - if you do end up at Tatiana's - I would definitely recommend staying there.

This place is basically for those who don't mind a bit of grunge.

A good one night stop over for those travelling from the airport late at night with few other options.

The lady who runs it is very friendly and kind.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brittany K
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Tatiana have budget (backpacker), average and high quality accommodation in their mini-chain of motels/hotels.

For backpackers the Fugalei motel is perfect:
- wide choice of types of room and prices
- 5 minute walk to a major supermarket
- 10 minute walk to the heart of Apia
- the staff at the taxi rank across the road are helpful and cost-effective

But the main reason I'd go back is the staff at Tatiana are friendly, helpful and professional. Nothing is too much trouble and their 'insider' knowledge of places to go and see is excellent.

Samoa, for me, is more impressive than Tonga, Fiji or New Caledonia. Of course there are things to see and do in those other places, but Samoan culture and approach to the modern world really stands out. Plus cleanliness - cars, roadsides, shops, etc - is a huge plus. And ever-present and regular buses are a wonderful delight to travel on.

Room Tip: Tatiana have a wide range of room types. Book a cheap one online and then upgrade if you need to.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Brian T
Reviewed 12 March 2013

OMGEEEEE!!!!!!....never again I will go to Tatiana Motel again, I must say the only thing I enjoyed in my room was Air Con, anything else, NO WAY, ummmm...in my 3 nights stay, I could not handle no longer the room that I was in, could the they turn off the water main, so i could not have a shower like after 9pm, and when I rang reception, to whats happening with water, could she answer me as, oh well, too bad, water usually turned off about 10pm, still on the phone, "Oh no you didnt" just answer like you didnt give a S%#!......

Breakfast, could it only be crackers, Tea?Coffee...etc....oh yeah fruits flies included...arrgh

I was shocked, no change the sheets the whole 3nights I was there, or even clean room, just the time of arrival.

Never again at this motel, Shocked, Disgusted, Very Disappointed...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mahdakins
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Very central, next to a taxi ramp within walking distance to Farmer Joes (supermarket) and fresh fruit and veg. market ! Turned up very early at 6 am . and staff welcomed me! Stayed in room with aircon and ensuite, basic breakfast provided. Met lots of freindly backpackers. Very noisy from 6 am onwards so do bring earplugs for the traffic ! A torch to if walking at night ditches and holes on the footpath out side the hotel ! What do you expect for such a cheap price, I've had worse.Watch out you don't look at the other tatiana hotel, website can be confusing,. photos both the same ! Genuine Samoan family hotel ! Try ringing to check your dates I had no replies to numerous emails and found booking online extremely challenging! Beds Ok bathroom had limited hot water but this seems to be common in Samoa!

Room Tip: Airconditioned rooms up top are quieter!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple