“Simple place with good communication”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Apia
Samoan Village Guesthouse
Ranked #14 of 20 Apia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Simple place, but very good at communicating via email.

We (10 of us) booked out the entire establishment - was comfortable for a night, and the host Falefatu and his boys were good company. Its work staying for the price before starting a tour of Samoa

Room Tip: Make your own travel arrangements before arriving if you are in a big group. Expect to pay ~ 50 WST...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank rstewar1
Reviewed 20 March 2012

By internet i made reservation for one week, also booked pickup from airoprt /2 am/ and told I was comin for 2 month. At airport nobody wait for me, so I came by taxi, Owner told me that my plabe from Fiji ncame one hour before,,,,my plane came 40 minut later, I was only one tourist, so afret 2 day owner was gosing to charge me, and told me, that i made a mistake, price is higher doble,, but I have orinted confimation, Owner after one hours change on website price,, when came to me i Show hiem saved his websitye hotel om my hard disk also tis day 3 times, So after one week /was payed / He annonced me,that price is gosinb be 3 times more,so for me, and to me my frinds from London, and fiji aslo price be higher, I move out .

Glass of filter water -prices 2 doll usa, diner was posobility have together with owners family,but proice this ame as 5 star reaurant,

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2010

I arrived in Apia late in the evening and had pre-empted that i would arrive approximately midnight and knowing the reception facilities wasnt available 24/7 i had emailed a few weeks earlier to confirm that the host could meet me on arrive and they agreed to meet me ... I got to the airport and was told by Airport Information that this hostel did not pick up at the airport.

I ended up taking a shuttle bus where i was the last stop and the place was in complete darkness with a security dog scaring me half to death! I went to what looked like the reception area to find that there was no1 there, no1 even staying in the place and I debaited what i could - i had just arrived in a foreign country late at night! However some nice other locals helped me get a taxi back to the centre of Apia where i had to book into another hotel.

In the morning i contacted the family of 'Samoan Village Accomodation' to be told they 'waited for me at the airport' and i didnt turn up! Complete liars, they kept my deposit and i never saw a penny of it back!

During my stay in Samoa i spoke to several people about this accomodation who all did'nt recommend and havent heard any good reviews about the place!! AVOID - it's a long way out from the city too ...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 8 May 2010

Our group of 6 stayed here for a total of 5 nights. We were a bunch of students looking for a cheap adventure and preferred not to stay at the more conventional hotels etc. We booked via email (see www.samoanvillage.com).

On arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome from Rev and his oldest son Joseph. This family were very kind and helpful during our stay and truly made us feel at home.

The guest house is located near the village of Faatoia in Apia and is about a 20minute walk to the centre of town, and only 15minutes away from Palolo Deep Marine reserve. it is also only a short walk to the national sports grounds and there are several small convenient stores just minutes away.

The house has 5 comfortable bedrooms and is fully furnished with all the cooking utensils you need. While rubbish is collected most days, it is up to your group to maintain tidiness of the home. There are 2 bathrooms, both reasonable, a waching machine and a television.

The only downside I can mention is that the neighbors' dogs may disrupt your sleep from time to time. However this only bothered us on the first night -- we were too tired to take notice the rest of the time.

If you're keen to save money and live like your in a home away from home, this is probably one of the best options in Apia. It is large, comfortable and set amongst the locals. We had a great time staying at Samoan Village Guesthouse.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends