“Go here if you want to be abused by the owner!”
Review of Cabins and Cookies

Cabins and Cookies
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Lemmon
Cabins and Cookies
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My best friend & I ventured up the mountain in June 2011 to escape the summer heat. Because of the extreme fire hazards every turnout along the way was closed but we didn't mind - we were just looking forward to the cooler temps & to having a joyous time together. When we arrived at Summerhaven we went inside the Cookie Cabin and purchased something to drink from the friendly staff. We found a table and sat down under a beautiful tree and began to chat. After a short time I went inside & purchased a $7 pizza which was nothing special - quite small for the money but that was okay with me.

We got lost in conversation & eating and enjoying the cool breeze when I noticed an older man standing just outside the truck he had parked - staring at us. Just as my gaze met his - he hollered in a very accusatory tone, "Are you all just picknicking or did you buy something?" I couldn't believe my ears. I hadn't been spoken to in this manner since my verbally abusive father was in my life some fifty years ago! In that moment our joyful time together was over. How could we stay after having been treated this way. After an exchange of words - I learned that he was the owner! He never apologized & in fact when I told him how offended I was that he treated us this way - he told us to leave!

Don't go there. He doesn't deserve your money. If you do go - be prepared

Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
107  Thank Lanlou
There are newer reviews for Cabins and Cookies

Reviewed 9 April 2011

We visited Mt. Lemon as first time visitors and arrived at the top a little late to enjoy some of the few dining spots. We were directed to the Cookie Cabin by a local and so glad we found it. Although they were closing/closed - the owner was so gracious as he gave us two warm cookies (yes the size of plates) as he felt bad that we made the trip to a closed store. We didn't get to try the pizza but the cookies were top notch! Great customer service!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank amsandbeach
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I am so glad they rebuilt after the fire because this is the best food place on the mountain! The people are friendly and the cookies and pizza are tasty! :)

Stayed: November 2007
5  Thank AZ3
Reviewed 28 September 2004

My husband and I enjoyed our weekend at Cabins & Cookies in the Wild Apple cabin. The room was very comfortable and quite cozy. The only negative was a small shower but hardly a bother considering how wonderful everything else was. I almost hate to advise people to stay there since it means our great secret place might be outed!

10  Thank booglass

Been to Cabins and Cookies? Share your experiences!