“Mount Lemmon a treat to hike”

Santa Catalina Mountains
More attraction details
Owner description: A major mountain range in Arizona.
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We drove up to around 6500 or 7000 feet and hiked from there. I can't remember the trail names as my uncle was my guide. After hiking 2 hours we sat on a rocky vista, eating some snacks, admiring the view. Then we hiked 2 hours back to the road. The hike was moderate, some steeper inclines, but mainly well kept trails. there are more speciaes of trees and plants up in the altitiude where rain and cooler temps are more prevalent than in the desert valley of Tucson. The views were spectacular. I only wish I had time to make it to the top of the mountain and back. Bring water, beware of mountain lions and bears, snakes, etc.

1  Thank muzikman6

Reviewed 14 October 2012

My husband and I brought our three children up here hiking and had a blast. The scenery is beautiful, and there is hiking for all difficulty levels. The summit walk on Mt. Lemmon is very easy for kids, and beautiful to see the views of Tucson from the top. The weather up here was nearly 20 degrees cooler than down in the desert as well. We really enjoyed these mountains and will definitely be back when we stay again in Tucson!

3  Thank haxtona
Reviewed 12 October 2012

If you are near Tucson, you simply cannot miss the trip to Mount Lemmon. It's downright breathtaking. Imagine starting out in the hot and dry dessert with rocks and cactus as far as the eye can see covering the mountains then suddenly you begin to feel the air become brisk and see evergreens covering that same mountains with, depending on the time of year, snow and skiing, all in less than an hour's drive. It's beautiful, and definitely a "don't miss" when in Tucson!

2  Thank TJ7334
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I was visiting a friend in Tucson. I am from Illinois which can be very flat. Well what a treat
this was, going up the mountain. It was a little scarey I must admit but so so worth it. The
rock formations were stunning. It is truly amazing, how beautiful our wonderful country is.
We had lunch at the Sawmill Run restaurant.

2  Thank merrylargo
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I live in Tucson, and consider this a must-do drive for visitors. The scenery is spectacular, and people are surprised that you can drive from the Sonoran Desert to Douglas-fir stands in such a short time. Lots of hikes to pick from. Lots of great hikes in the Catalinas.

1  Thank SallyFromTucson