“Getting better.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Munds Park
Chandler, Arizona
“Getting better.”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This is not a five star Motel but it is clean and the staff is friendly. I love hunting and fishing so my friends and I often stay here. A new owner has come in and cleaned this place up. So all these bad reviews from several years ago were probably justified but the place is getting better. I'm so glad the new owners are doing the little things to make it better. Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank jimijimi71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 4 March 2013

While thinking of a perfect get away in Sedona for my girlfirend and I. I found everything was booked solid. I stumbled upon this Motel, and though this could be fun, although I wasnt 100% sold because I had never been to this area. I took the chance. I called to verify our mini Suite with fire place, and the Owners were TOP NOTCH. I expressed how I wanted to have something special in the room for my girlfirend, like flowers, or wine, and Management went above and beyond by offering me things I would never have expected. They put rose pedals all over the bed, have a heart pillow on the bed, bottle of champagne on ice with 2 champagne flutes, fire place setup and ready to go, and treated us as if we were royalty.
They went above and beyond any expectation I could have had. My girlfriends face when we walked in went from happy, to complete awe. It was a priceless moment, and made it all mean so much more to me. It was our first time taking a trip together, and I truly wanted it to be perfect. Lorna and Sam are the nicest people. They called us 15 minutes after walking in the room just to make sure everything was perfect for us. the morning we checked out, we went across the street for gas, and breakfast ( which I wouldnt recommend the pine lodge restaurant), as we were getting ready to pull away... Sam had ran all the way across the street to inform us that my girlfriend and I had left some personal belongings behind. He said they had it all ready for us at the office. Wow talk about service... I have stayed in some very expensive hotels in the past, but none can compare to the quality of service that Motel in the pines offeres. If you're looking for a place to get away, enjoy nature, and just enjoy something different...then stay here..
Weekend away $200
Gas round trip $100
Service from hotel and the big smile on my girlfiends face $ Priceless...
Thank you Lorna and Sam , I will be sure to spread the word.

Room Tip: Book the mini suite in cooler weather
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank David F
covina
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We stayed here just a couple weeks ago because we were hunting in the area. The room was clean and perfect for what we needed. We didnt use the microwave but we did use the coffee pot and only used the fridge to chill down a few drinks. Dont think we had WIFI but really didnt need it. The staff was friendly helpfull.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank cory e
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Just came back from here. Perfect place to stay! Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet only about 15 minutes from Flagstaff. And the prices for such a nice cozy place can't be beat! We WILL be back for Thanksgiving!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Linden W
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Our first room had mold under the sink, the whole room smelled like mold. Website says free WIFI, but they said the signal wouldn't reach our room. The remote only worked for changing the channel. This was room #108. The volume and power you'd have to get out of bed every time to fix. The sleeper sofa had stains all over it. They switched our room to #208, it still smelled like mold a little bit. Then the wall heater didn't put out hot air. The cover of the heater was held on by duct tape. And kept falling off. Unacceptable!!! I have never stayed in such a horrible place. It's a family that runs it, they live on the premises. Worst place ever!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank 12tooled

Travellers are raving about these Munds Park hotels

Bluff, Utah
Reviewed 16 September 2012

TERRIBLE is an understatement: scary linins; freezer froze at least $30 worth of food; wifi didn’t work; threadbare upholstery on the furniture; no plug access to plug in computer or clock – alem clock is all the way across the room. I could go on and on quite a bit more.

Creepy bizarre, weird people running the place – smell like a chimney, barefoot, disheveled – looks like they have never combed their hair or taken a shower. I have a service dog that I have had for seven years. He got more protective than he has ever been in those seven years – he probably would have attacked the gentleman maid had I not had him on a leash (it’s part of his job to protect me). He definitely picked up some weird, dangerous vibes.

One would believe that this is a secluded location while, in actuality, it is about 300 meters from the freeway. Appears as if nothing has been updated since 1975.

Room Tip: Not possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank anne l
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed here because our friends got married in Munds Park. It is pretty much the only hotel in the area. We were happy with the location and the hotel is what it is. Good for a bed and a shower. If you are a high maintenance person do not waste your time. We are a pretty go with the flow pair so this hotel was fine for us. Reasonable rates too :)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Desert Quail Inn
Desert Quail Inn
#6 of 48 in Sedona
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,254 reviews

Been to Motel in the Pines? Share your experiences!