Motel in the Pines
Oak Creek Terrace Resort(Sedona)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$147
US$143
Star Motel(Sedona)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsreasonable ratespine treeswood burning fireplacegas stationsmall fridgecable tvprivate patiostay there againnext morningrooms are cleangrand canyonsedonacoffeemakerinterstatecabinhiking
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We took our family of 6 including teenagers, and younger children to visit the snow this weekend. Instead of staying in Flagstaff which is about 18 miles north of Munds Park, we decided to stay here. We have stayed in Flagstaff many times, and have never slept due to all the noise and trains. This Hotel was clean, the beds were comfortable and not worn out. The surroundings were beautiful. There is a great place for sledding about 3 miles away for free with no crowds. We actually went to Wing Mountan too, but we liked the close by place better without hundreds of people. Anyway, there are 2 little stores right near the motel, and a little place to eat, or have a drink. It took about 15 minutes to get to Flagstaff to go to Target, or to a Grocery store, and we all had a great time. This is a family owned hotel, not a big chain, and the owner and their family were also very nice to our whole family. I will go out of my way to stay there again this winter, and in the summer as the normal temperature is about 85 degrees.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank azfutonman
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I have stayed here a number of times on several different occasions, and I have never had a bad experience. I have read all the reviews but I just have not had a bad experience. It is not the cleanest and not in the greatest shape, but I honestly don't think its as bad as all the other reviews make it out to be. Maybe I just got lucky all the times I've stayed here. Anyway, I travel from Phoenix and I like being able to get away from the city and all the crap. I try to come here to this hotel once a year, just to do that. Its close to Flag, and I stay here with my daughter and my dog. Pretty mellow, and pretty relaxing. There's a little rest stop across the street, and a small resturaunt, and nothing else around. You can also head up the road for a hike in the mountain. If youre into shopping and sightseeing, then maybe you oughtta stay in Flag, but I come here with no plans or itinerary, and unwind for a few days. Its just the kind of thing I like.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank chrisman123
Reviewed 31 May 2009

This Motel is in a good location pretty close to the I 17 North, around 35 minutes from the red rocks in Sedona going south and around hour and 30 minutes from the Grand Cannyon. So I would say thet is a good point for this Motel.

Now, in another hand, beds were very unconfortable, we woke up with a really back pain each morning. The bathroom door had a hole like if someone punched it. It was decently clean and very quiet. The personal treated us well and we saw them cleaning the rooms and changing sheets and towels every day. I would recommend this hotel just for one night or two.

There is a little cafeteria across the street where you can have good meals.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2008

I prepaid and booked this hotel for some frineds over the Internet since I own a cabin in the area and upon check in the owner/ manager insisted that my CARD WAS NOT CHARGED so he charged me for the rooms but in reality I was charged twice. When I tried to contact both the reservation company and the owner to get one of the charges reserved I got the run around with each blaming the other and he ended hanging up on me. I will not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank zazuj
Reviewed 22 November 2008

paid $50 ish a nite for two nites. was acceptable clean. I'm not picky. not as nice as pictures. Flagstaff really not that far away with much bigger selection. Would find a national chain there if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple