Candlewood Suites Nogales
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull size fridgetwo burner stovefree laundrynext doormicrowavereclinertvfreezermexicoborderdeskdogssinkaz
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed here for work for almost 2 months recently. It's relatively easy to find off the Interstate and it is adjacent to 2 other hotels: the Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express. My company paid for the hotel, but from looking at the bill, the price was very reasonable. They have a full kitchen, which I rarely used, but the large fridge with freezer was great. There was an ice machine in the freezer, too, but I didn't need it. The washer and dryer are really free and really where the workout equipment is with a TV for the workout and water in a cooler on the side. There is a "pantry" with reasonably priced food items for those nights when you get in too late to want to go back out to the grocery store or just want ice cream for a snack. The coffee station though is free and available 24 hours, I think. The grocery store, Safeway, is just a mile or so down the road, Daily and weekly newspapers are available free of charge in the lobby, too.

The only downside is that there is no coffee table anywhere in this place! Not by the recliner in the room, and not in the lobby where the couch is. And, the rooms are strictly single rooms with a desk that serves as a dining table. Every thing is clean, nice and new, but a little bit of separation to make it feel like a suite and less like a studio would have been nice. They do have a few (5, I think) rooms that are actual suites, with some division of the room space. The books and DVDs are free to borrow and the staff is always very nice. The closet was spacious and the bedding was decent.

Many of the other guests work for Customs and Border Patrol and the neighborhood is very quiet and safe. The parking lot is well lit and the hotel entrance doors are always open. Staff is present on the property 24-7. Housekeeping comes once per week and is very good. Silverware, plates and pots and pans are included, but no corkscrew for wine! Dishwashing liquid and dishwasher soap are provided. The sink has a disposal and you may empty trash into the larger trash cans in the stairwells at the end of the halls. The rooms are fairly quiet, but sometimes I could hear my neighbor's sneeze through the walls which was kind of weird.

The hotel is located about 2 exits from the international border, but my Verizon reception was overall, ok. The Verizon reception gets lost the closer you get to the border or it jumps into Mexican Verizon. Overall, this hotel is in a great location for whatever you need to do in Nogales. IHOP is almost across the street and many other restaurants are within 2-3 miles of the place, or less. Service is always cheerful and you can't go wrong if you stay here. The only thing I really missed was my couch and a coffee table!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the Holiday Inn and the high school, whereas even numbered rooms, probably have a nicer sunset
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lasfloras
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Best hotel and the best staff, rooms are nice, good parking, good location, staff is excellent. No better place to stay in town.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank cruisinUSA
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Great value and great hotel. I spent 3 wks there. At first, I was at the Holiday Inn next door w/ old furnishings/TV, no kitchen, no view. Then I wised up and moved to Candlewood next door. Candlewood was SOOOO much better! Brand new, clean hotel. I got a suite for 1/2 the price. Comfy bed, kitchen, leather recliner to sit in front of the new flat screen TV, DVD player, free DVD rentals, granite counters, free washer/dryers, pantry shop, good gym w/ big flat screen TV. Hotel was quiet, and 3rd floor room had (for Nogales) a fairly nice south-facing view. Staff was always extremely helpful. Free washer/dryer and DVD rentals is unusual. It made a 3 week stay easy.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank GA_business_traveler
IvanDrechsler, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

Thank you very much for your kind review... it is always a pleasure to be recognized for our efforts!
Just as a side note, The Nogales Holiday Inn Express next door is just completing their relaunch with an entire new look . They are our sister hotel and we are proud of their new upgrades.

Reviewed 31 March 2009

Nogales is a small town with very few options to stay in as far as accommodations is concerned. Let me share with you my wonderful experience during my stay at the brand new Candlewood Suites. Price is extremely reasonable for all this hotel offers. Extremely clean rooms, fitness center, nicely equipped kitchen plus high speed internet! I have found my hotel of preference! No more searching for a comfortable and secure place to stay during my visits to this town.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
4  Thank kiks3

Glad you consider us home. We look forward to welcoming you back time after time!

Reviewed 20 March 2009

Not a lot of options in Nogales, but this hotel is brand new, and everything was great. Staff is very welcoming and tried to make sure we knew all about the hotel and surrounding area. Rooms were spacious, included a full size fridge!! They even let me borrow a DVD to watch in my room. Fitness center is good, new equipement and plenty of it. They had free washing machine and dryer for us to use.
I will absolutely stay at this hotel when I come back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful accolades!

We do our best in maintaining our facilities and offerings for our long term guests. We have just increased our DVD lending library in case you are coming back soon.

Again Thank you for your comments!