“clean, practical location”

Candlewood Suites Nogales
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Nogales
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here for 4 days for business. Location is near highways, very practical. Suite was very clean and having a full kitchen was very helpful for someone working very early hours like me.
There is a gas station just across the hotel and a Carl Jr. fast food place.
I would recommend it to business travelers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank miatraveling

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I do not like travelling to Nogales, namely due to the accomodations my company provides. A new motel was on the list and I decided to give it a try, couldn't be worse than last time. On arrival I was pleasantly surprised that it looked newer, three story and very clean. Check in was quick and pleasant.
AND THE ROOM: Huge, full size fridge, electric range, micro, complimentary popcorn, dishwasher, toaster, iron w/board, huge bed with choice of pillows, great work desk, nice chairs. EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN. DVD player, flatscreen, great wi-fi. Fitness room that is actually useful.
One con, the a/c was a little loud. I can live with that compared to my last visit.
If you come to Nogales, you definitely need to check this place out. Especially if it is an extended visit.

Room Tip: I clicked on pool and could not unselect it. I did not see a pool. They do have a BBQ grill that w...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here in early February 2013. We basically needed a cheap and clean hotel close to the border. The room "appeared" to be clean except for the unemptied trashcan in the bathroom. Of course this made me tripple check the sheets and sanitize the toilet before use. The room was quiet large and the kitchenette was more than adequate. The staff was also very friendly. The rest of the hotel seemed clean and fairly new. There is a Carl's Jr. that's located a few hundred feet from the hotel. I would stay here again considering the other choices in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mellyg86
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Was a good experience. I love the towels!!!
They did not clean the room everyday, but we did not care, we stayed only two days.
The only problem we had it was with the AC. Sometimes it was so cold, and later sooooo hot.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank movingtoaz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear movingtoaz ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for any issues you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The suites are set up more for long term occupancy than just a one night travel stop, but it is convenient to the main highways through Nogales and the border to Mexico. It has no charm, but is clean and very roomy. It would be a great place to stay with children or for business if you were in the area. I loved the fact that they had a free "DIY" laundry combined with an exercise room. You could do your laundry while working out.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I spent one night here in Nogales for business. This was a very nice hotel, doesn't look all too exciting from the outside but inside it was very nice and clean. Has a business center as well, and there are lots of options on the tv as well. The bed itself was nice and clean and very comfortable. I would definitely stay here again next time I would be in Nogales.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We have never stayed at a Candlewood property before and were very pleased with the hotel when we checked in. We had been travelling for four days and accumulated a fair bit of laundry which I was able to do complements of the hotel. It would be a great place to spend three or four days - it was more like a small apartment than a hotel room. Full sized fridge, dishes, dishwasher, garburator, etc. Definitely a great find for someone having to spend a few days in a city on business.

Room Tip: Sorry, rated the swimming pool but never used it or even if it had one.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Nogales
El Dorado Inn
El Dorado Inn
#5 of 9 in Nogales

Been to Candlewood Suites Nogales? Share your experiences!