“Average”

Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Nogales
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Your average hotel. The rooms were okay. Wi-Fi wasn't the greatest. Breakfast was blah. The fitness center equipment could use some upgrading (I avoided the universal gym). Nothing majorly wrong with the hotel but I'll probably try the Candlewood Suites next door during my next visit to the area just because it's newer (both hotels are part of the IHG group so I don't feel to bad saying that).

• Stayed: January 2012
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear Monster_1981,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Nogales, AZ. I was disappointed to read that you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests, this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Nogales, AZ before going across the border to Mexico. The rooms are clean and quiet and breakfast is always consistent. It's very handy to the Mariposa border crossing.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AdventureForward
Reviewed 17 August 2011

was only here for 1 night, so not too much to say.

Breakfast was what I expected.

Wifi Internet performance was fine and free.

the room was clean, large and decent.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The HIE in Nogales is a new hotel and they are working hard on getting it in tip-top shape. I stayed at the kids' suite with my family on a business trip and we would travel out most every afternoon. As a neurotic traveler, I always unpack and take stock of what we have and where we're storing everything. The night before our departure, when we were re-packing, I found that my digital camera ($100-$150 price range), a pair of earrings (<$30), and a ring (>$300 and yes - definitely my bad for leaving something this valuable in the room) had been taken. Additionally, when we arrive at home my wife couldn't find some inexpensive make-up items that she had in her make-up bag.

The hotel manager was very courteous and the seemed interested in our complaint however nothing could be done because hotels aren't liable for what you leave in your room apparently. And - Oh by the way, the person who cleaned my room was a long time (4 yr) empoyee of the hotel and is "very honest". So my only other alternative (as a foreigner) is to call in the Nogales police to investigate.

Yes, I should've placed the ring in a safe deposit box...but a note to any traveler coming here - the hotel is fine but be sure to put EVERYTHING in you safe deposit box...because I had things taken from my room that a random (non-neurotic) traveler like myself might not have noticed until much later. Unless you're willing to get the Nogales PD involved - I suggest RUN. My suggestion - stay across the street at the Best Western or the Candlewood.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
IvanDrechsler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

It is always difficult in handling the issues of potential theft or missing items in the hotel environment. This particular incident was the first one I have encountered at the hotel. Plus we have a seasoned staff who in the 9 years the property has been opened, most have been with us,( especially in Housekeeping) for three years or more. We have the ability to identify all who have accessed the room over the period in question and we did determine that the hotel staff going into the room was the person assigned to servicing the room. Upon the guest departure we thoroughly inspected the room and found an item that was left behind and kept it for them until their return trip to Nogales along with their twin baby cribs for their young babies. I did offer to facilitate a report with the police, but the offer was never taken up. The unfortunate thing is that Hotel Law only provides responsibility for items of value that are placed in the hotel security lock boxes and issued a key. A secure procedure is followed to assure the access is only by the individual signing up for the box. This is a free service for most hotels, especially ours since we value the security of valuables on the property.

Reviewed 4 December 2009

Pretty standard fare as far as Holiday Inn Express is concerned. The hotel is not that old so still in pretty good shape. There is very little to choose from there on the border, and this is perfectly fine for where you are at. If you are looking for luxury, you won't find it but the rooms were clean and decent sized in a SW motif. Decent workout room and standard fare HI Ex breakfast (those cinnamon rolls are evil and delicious).

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Everythings nice except they don't have flat screen tv's and I switched to Best Western and they gave me a better rate and the rooms are better.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
IvanDrechsler, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

I am pleased to report that our property has been completely remodaled including new flat screen TV's, new beds and all new furniture. We are transformed with a better breakfast selection and our rates are competive! I promise you will experience value with our re-newed and refreshed property. 8/18/2010

Reviewed 23 April 2009

If you MUST have free (but not so great) breakfast, stay at Holiday Inn. BUT if you want half the price and twice the amenities, go across the parking lot to Candlewood Suites - a brand new hotel in 2009. Holday Inn has a small pool, but in April w/ 85 degree weather, the pool was empty. I moved to Candlewood - a good move.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

The Candlewood is an excellent property, but is a different business model. It is an extended stay property without normal hotel services.At the Holiday Inn we provide daily housekeeping, a great breakfast, and the ability to sit back and watch a first run movie on pay per view. Plus our pool provides a refreshing area to relax!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
#4 of 7 in Nogales
City Express Nogales
City Express Nogales
#2 of 7 in Nogales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nogales? Share your experiences!