“Upgraded every time to a suite without asking (platinum member)”

Holiday Inn Express Nogales
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Nogales
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I work in Nogales, mexico a lot and I always stay here and cross the border every morning. i have been upgraded to a suite every time with even asking. There are not a lot of hotel choices in the area and this is probably one of the best. the rooms are clean, the free breakfast is fine. Free parking.

Tip: Don't wait till the last minute to book. There were times that they were fully book and asked me to try their sister hotel next door, Candlewood suite, which is fine too.

Room Tip: Tip: Don't wait till the last minute to book. There were times that they were fully book and a...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 May 2013

It might not be a resort, but it's close to the border (particularly the Mariposa crossing)! It's also relatively new, because I can remember driving through to the border seeing it being built.

The rooms are surprisingly large, and each has a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. The toiletries are blah, but who uses the hotel-provided toiletries anyway? The showers have those heats that are high pressure but low flow - the kind that shoot out the water in tiny little jets that will take your skin off. The elevators are slow, but there are only 3 floors, so I just took the stairs most of the time.

All in all, an average hotel. The staff helped me out a great deal. This may be TMI, but when I was nursing and needed to ship reinforcements back to my husband, the staff put the milk in their freezer (the room fridges weren't cold enough). And then they contacted FedEx to have them come pick it up closer to the end of the day, since the last drop off is at 4:30, and I wouldn't yet be back from Mexico by then. Thank you, staff, for helping me out and keeping the baby fed!

The fitness center isn't much... the treadmill is quite shaky once you take it over 5mph. I'm not short, but still the ceiling seemed way to close when I was running along.

The breakfast, particularly in regards to the healthful options, is meh. I rely on the bananas and the peanut butter.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear gte375n,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am happy that you found our staff to be helpful during your visit. I apologize however if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the condition of the amenities in the bathroom and elevators being slow. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Again, thanks for the candid review and we hope to get an opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Coming into Nogales one wonders what the hotels will be like. This hotel has great rooms (large) and they have great service. The wifi worked well. The receptionist really went out of her way to help with giving advice on local restaurants. The lobby was clean and the breakfast was equal to any other business hotel

Room Tip: Get higher floors to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2013

For a Holiday Inn Express, this place had a little bit of everything. The people were real friendly and the location was great.

The good -
Location, across the street from a large shopping center
Gym - small but you can get a workout in and that is important
Pool - a good spot to drink beers, it was a little to cold at the time
Breakfast - a little something for everyone, it got a little old after 5 days
Internet - slow but the price is right - free
Rooms - comfortable, clean

The bad -
Sewer smell in the room and in the building
Windows don't open

Its a good place for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Ariana M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear teerav,

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing as this helps us become a better hotel for you. We hope to see you on your next trip to Nogales.

Holiday Inn Express-Nogales

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed one night at this location when passing through. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. Would go back. I did notice the scented pillow cases and sheets, but they didn't bother me. if you have an allergy problem or adverse reactions to scented stuff, then you might want to try the hotel across the street.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear LizL31310,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We changed our detergent so the scented pillow cases and sheets should not be an issue in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Everything was great except for the heavily scented pillow cases that just about did me in. When I mentioned it to the front desk as a hazard for people such as myself they said that they had not had this complaint before so perhaps it was just a load of laundry that had been highly perfumed to the point of being a health hazard. . .an unfortunate detail in an otherwise fine establishment.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank megatraveller
Ariana M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Guest,

I just want to apologize for the unfortunate issue during your last stay. We do not use cleaning chemicals that have leave strong scent on our linens for the safety of our guests. We are now making sure that this problem does not arise again. Thank you for your feedback as we always have room for improvement and you help us be better.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

We were heading from Tubac and the AZ wine country to Tombstone and this was a convenient stopover. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Nicely furnished. Appears relatively new. We had a king room by the pool and we heard music all night. Apparently, they have no way to turn off the outdoor music which we found out was throughout the exterior, not just at the pool. So, bring earplugs! The "firm" pillows were not, but I brought my own, so it didn't matter. The front desk clerk sent us to Mr. C's Supper Club for Mexican food. We looked at the menu (high priced, pretentious white tablecloths) and left. If we had to, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dle0313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nogales
Best Western Sonora Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in Nogales
Fray Marcos De Niza
Fray Marcos De Niza
#4 of 7 in Nogales

Been to Holiday Inn Express Nogales? Share your experiences!