Holiday Inn Express Nogales
US$63
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$106
El Dorado Inn(Nogales)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
  • Breakfast included
US$80
US$62
Hotel San Carlos(Nogales)(Great Value!)
US$27
TripAdvisor
All reviewsone nightnext morningclean roomsself serve breakfastwater pressurebreakfast roomsports bargreat breakfastfriendly and helpful staffparking lotsmall townpet friendly hotelbiscuits and gravyconvenience storebreakfast selectioncoffee makergas station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stopped for one night while touring Arizona, Our large room had 2 large very comfortable beds and had everything you would expect of HI express. the room was spotless and felt fresh when we walked in, the hotel was very busy but the staff kept it clean and the 24 7 coffee was always hot, there isn't anywhere outside to sit back and relax and socialise with friends, although there is a bit of a patio area by the pool at the back of the hotel.
There is a garage across the road where you can buy just about everything you could possibly need.

Room Tip: unless you can get a room on the far side for a view of the mountains in the distance both front and back have no real view, from what we could tell from friends the front was just as quiet as the back.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Spikethebeachbum
Reviewed 14 September 2013

I was going to stay in Bisbee when I visited southern Arizona but decided to go to Nogales to see what they had to offer. This was a good hotel but not different from any Holiday Inn elsewhere in the country. For a border town it could have been much worse but it did not have any local color. The Counter Staff knew a lot about the town and helped me plan for the next day.

Room Tip: Expect to wait in line when it's busy; sometimes there is only one person able to help.
Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Lester C,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you had such a pleasant and comfortable stay. The staff works hard to ensure that our guests enjoy a great relaxing stay with us. Our goal is to make your stay the best it can be and it looks like we accomplished our goal.

Again, thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to stay with us when in the area again

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 September 2013

There was a package sent to me to wrong address end up at Holiday Inn Express in Nogales Arizona it was sign by the Manager of the Hotel, if they did not find name of the package they should have return it immediately since Fed Ex is only step away from the Hotel, When I ask the Front Desk Clerk the name of the manager she gave me the 1st name since she stated she did not know the last name. Of Course he was not on site. When I told her what a bad customer service she laugh. I would NEVER recommend Holiday Inn Express in Nogales.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Nogales, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Lorena Z,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nogales, AZ. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Overall the place was very nice. The breakfast was surprisingly good for this type of location. The room was big and the staff very friendly. The hotel hallways and rooms were somewhat dated and worn around the edges, but overall clean. The only problem I had was someone came into room 222 (I was in rm 224) at 1:30 AM and played chase with their child, yelling and screaming. This group must have been noisy prior to coming upstairs. I do not know if the front desk clerk reminded the people that others were sleeping, but I heard from other guests how they screaming group came in from outside then went upstairs to wake me up. To the front desk clerk's defense, when I called to complain they quieted down. However it was too late. I am law enforcement in Nogales to support my agency and I was not very cogent the remainder of the day teaching my comrades. I hope I didn't miss anything. I cannot tell if the front desk talked with these people before they came upstairs, but they should have since it should be pretty clear from their actions they would be a pain in the neck. If you really need to sleep, make sure you request a room far from the central region for more quiet. The floors and walls of this hotel are really thin. I should mention I stayed for two nights - the first night was fine with no noisy neighbors.

Room Tip: For best sleep get a room at the far ends of the hotel for quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Holiday Inn Express in Nogales is a good value. It is clean, the rooms are large and comfortable. I found it quiet and well cared for. The carpet is really dirty on the second floor and should be cleaned because it takes away from the overall cleanliness of the hotel. I found the fridge and the microwave as well as the coffee maker helpful.
The staff was not as welcoming as most places I stay, but that would not prevent me from staying again.
The pillows are not good and should be updated.
For a business trip there was a good desk, good WiFi and there were enough plugs for all the gadgets needed to carry out my work.
Breakfast is helpful and has enough options. The dinning room is very pleasant and much better than most hotels that offer free breakfast.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel was quiet and I did not hear any noise from other rooms or outside.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business