“Lots of Food”
Review of Bella Mia Ristorante - CLOSED

Bella Mia Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The food in this restaurant is very good, and there is a lot of it! I was surprised that an Italian restaurant could be so good this close to Mexico. Beware, the sauce is a little spicy. The staff is very friendly and their house red wine is excellent. If you are in Nogales, USA, this is a must stop for lunch or dinner. They are in a small shopping center, so be careful that you don't miss it!

1  Thank denc51

Reviewed 9 April 2013

This restaurant is a very pleasant surprise in Nogales. My wife and I wandered in here a couple of years ago while en route to Mexico. Unpretentious setting in a strip mall but what a find! We now look forward to our overnights in Nogales traveling to and from Mexico just so we can visit this restaurant. The food is simply wonderful! Italian as might be expected. Our most recent meal was no exception. We were pretty tired after a log drive and three hours in the queue at the border. Got in to Bella Mia ordered a bottle of Pinot Noir. The portions here are very generous so be warned. Wife had a bow tie pasta with spinach, tomato, garlic, almonds with lightly grilled chicken strips. I opted for veal saltimboco. Both dishes were just wonderful. Fresh hot and tasty. No room for desert but I am sure it would have been great. We are not qualified experts as far as Italian cuisine is concerned but I would be surprised if there is better to be found within miles. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

First of all,let me clarify the "average" for service. The night we were there, it was quite busy. There were 2 waiters, one of which, was his FIRST night. So, service slow, but don't think it is the norm. It is located in a strip mall in what I will call " new Nogales". They have a very nice menu, and the prices are reasonable. The food was excellent with good sized portions. I wasn't impressed with their homemade bread sticks...too doughy the crime brûlée was the greatest.we celebrated our anniversary there, and had a good time. Give it a try if you are in the area.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We like to go here for their lunch specials (ask for the lunch menu). It is good Italian food (nothing fancy) served by friendly staff. It is in the shopping center so easy to park. In Nogales, it is a nice change from the Mexican food you find in almost every other restaurant.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Very friendly, food was ok. Service good. Kinda in the middle. The atmosphere was not bad, the only restaurant of this type in town.