“Disappointing”

Cuisines: American, Greek, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My family went to Zula's this Saturday for breakfast. We ordered the special, a Ranchero omelette, and the Farm Breakfast (2 eggs, sausage or bacon) with blueberry pancakes. The special was terrible: unseasoned flat and dry eggs, watery bland beans, and the ranchero sauce tasted like tomato paste with water and no seasonings. Even for under $6.00, it wasn't worth the expense. Tje tortillas were good though. My son's eggs were as bad as ours, but the pancakes were good. Still, for $9.50, again not worth the expense.
The coffee was some of the worse we'd ever had, and the orange juice was watery.
The waitress didn't greet us and was grumpy. It seemed she didn't want to be there.
We heard that the Sunday buffet is good, and we will try it. If our experience is better than today, I will update this review.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

So my dad (who loooooves this place) invited me to eat the breakfast buffet, which runs until 11:30 on Sundays. Everything was to die for: two types of scrambled eggs, chorizo, hash browns, bacon, pozole, and fresh fruit! I think this is the *worst kept* secret in town because it gets packed with both young and old. Fresh coffee & tortillas keep coming non-stop, so enjoyable! They have other specials during the week, all which looked very appetizing. The breakfast buffet is some $8, not bad for all you can eat. The ambiance is meh, and the place could really use a freshening up (HINT-HINT) but the food and service are great. Will be back to try their burgers.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stopped in with a friend who recommended this place. I am very happy that he did. Excellent food and service. I had the Chile Rellenos and they were very yummy. M friend had the Zita Burger and it looked equally good. And the apple pie is to die for!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

nice place to eat for breakfast, nothing fancy but food is good and prices are OK. staff is always friendly

2  Thank basieracki
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Zulas (closed on Tuesdays) is a friendly family style restaurant. They offer Greek, Mexican and American dishes. They are famous for their pies thanks to the recipes from the early Scottish settlers from the San Rafael Valley. They offer buffet for breakfast and lunch with standard local fare. Easy access and easy parking.

1  Thank Mary P