“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oro Valley
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have MCS (multiple chemical sensitive), and travel is no easy feat. Hotels are especially problematic, with most of them feeling they need to pump chemical scent into every public area and spray every room.
I contacted the manager of this property, Mr. Quijada, in advance of our one night stay and asked if he could designate a room for me and have no chemical cleaners or sprays used for a day or so before arrival. (There are plenty of ways to effectively clean without chemicals). On top of that, I went for broke and asked for an early check in.
Mr. Quijada responded right away, said he was familiar with handling this issue, and detailed a 3 day plan of how they would handle the room I would be given. It was more than I expected, and very cheerfully and professionally handled.
The room worked very well for me, and I am really impressed and grateful for the care and service I received. And I got my early check in, to boot!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The staff was friendly and the mattresses good, but the bathroom had broken tile and the breakfast was the worst offering we'd ever seen in this level of hotel. For $140/nite, it was a ripoff. There have to be better hotels in Tucson at this price point.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank TheCaretaker
franquijada, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Caretaker,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience, and please accept my apology on behalf of the entire staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley.

We value this type of feedback, because it allows us to target those areas that are not up to the standarsds of you, our valued guest.

While I understand that you have other choices in the area, we would appreciate a second chance to show you that, this past stay is not typical of the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley.

If at all possible could you please contact me at hieorovalley@mmpproperties.com so we can further pinpoint the areas needing attention.

Gereral Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here before when the property was Oro Valley Hotel and Suites. Late check in, we were Visiting family in the area. The location is terrific, just north of all the busy traffic and the hotel itself is just off of Oracle Road so it is peaceful and quiet. Easy and ample parking, nice breakfast, the staff was great, and the rooms/beds extremely comfortable and very clean. We will be back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
franquijada, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
VictoriaB,

Thank you for the flattering review. The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley work very hard to get these type of reactions. I will make sure to display this where they will be able to see the impression they are making.

Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

First of all would like to say the front desk staff were great & very personable. Over the last 7 years, we have stayed at a dozen different Holiday Inn & Holiday Inn Express hotels. This was by far the most disappointing.

Day 1: Sheets scratchy, felt cheap, Tp & Kleenex rough. Upstairs floors creaked, thin walls, could hear talking, footsteps, coughing, flushing, etc...

Day 2: Got in at 9pm. Coffee was not restocked and soap bar disappeared & wasn't replaced. Walked into bathroom & floor was 1/2 filled with water. Looked like leaking toilet. Staff had one clean room left & checked us in to the room upstairs.

Day 3
Got back around 1pm. I could see our door was not latched & just pushed it open without using card key. Maids cleaned room & not locked.

We payed for a suite this time thinking it would be a nice upgrade. The only difference is that it was a larger room. The taxes on the room were about $22 per night. There were lots of small issues such as the bathroom doors stuck & were hard to open & close, the closet doors were tough to pull open, the water pressure was poor, it took 5 minutes for the hot water to reach the third floor, the shower handle was loose, the toilet handle felt like it might fall off, and the front door locking mechanisms were definitely having problems. I advised the staff of the major issues as they occurred. Upon check out we received no apology or discount. We would never stay at this particular hotel again. What a disappointment!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Bodakota
HIExpressYuma, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Bodakota,

Please allow me to apologize for the chalanges you experienced inthe Holiday Inn express Oro Valley,
As the New General Manager of this property I ave taken it upon my self to use these surveys and the face to face feedback that we recieve throughout the day to day operations to creat a geat hotel guest's will love.

All these surveys are now being posted in the employee areas to help our staff concebntrate at the goals i have set for them.

We ask that you give us one more chance to show you what the Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley has to offer.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I had a four-night stay in October. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in the Oro Valley area.

This is a newly renovated HIX with oversized rooms. Nice, large workout room and great outdoor pool and hot tub.

Everything is very clean, good usual HIX breakfast spread.

This area is suburbia. There is a chain restaurant and huge convenience store in the parking lot. Approximately one mile south is a full grocery store along with every chain and big-box store imaginable.

I look forward to my return.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Joe R
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

I needed a late check and they bent over backward to accommodate us. The friendliest staff one could ask to have at your hotel. Free breakfast and a great greenway behind the property. Greenway is good for cycling, running or walking. Connects to restaurants and shopping without ever crossing a road. Would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike M
Williams, Arizona
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for two nights with another couple. Staff was excellent, room felt new and very clean. The free breakfast was unbelievable. The first night we were running late and would not arrive until after 10:00pm. While afraid that might be an issue it was no problem, we checked in at ease upon arrival. I now have a place to stay when I travel to Oro Valley, Tuscon, Arizona.

• Stayed October 2013
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tucson Paloma Village
Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort
Westward Look Wyndham Grand Resort and Spa
Omni Tucson National Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oro Valley - Tucson North? Share your experiences!